Neptune Space help..quick before I toss 'em!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highliner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Spent a ton of $$$ on two Neptune Space FFM with DC coms. Also bought a M-105 Digital Transceiver Surface Unit as well. We dove these masks 4 or 5 times and are not the least bit happy with them. We are firefighters and are all too familar with FFM operations. We also dive at our local aquarium using a competitors mask and have had no real issues with those. Anyway, the ammount of effort to crack open the second stage is unsatifactory as is the "chatter" upon inhalation at shallow depths. The surface unit performs very well and the com units will suffice. I have not had these masks serviced or adjusted since new. Figured after spending $3K the masks they should be somewhat acceptable out of the box. Please somebody help! I hate to sell these for pennies on the dollar but I am at wits end with these masks. I guess I will find out first hand what kind of customer service Ocean Reef offers.

Let me assist you with your issues with the Space masks. The inhalation effort of our Space mask is set to 1 inch of water, or 2.5 bar, upon leaving the factory. The optimal intermediate pressure is 140PSI. If the first stage you are using is set low then it will be harder to crack. Also, by adjusting the intermediate pressure you can reduce or eliminate any chatter. Be sure to also check the adjustment knob on the side. Having the knob turned all the way counterclockwise will provide maximum air flow from the second stage. If these adjustments do not meet the desired results please feel free to call or email OCEAN REEF so that we can further assist you.

Thank you for your quick response. Getting the masks serviced by one of your certified service folks. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again!

Bumping this one back up with a question because my son and I got these for Xmas and in our pool dives we've experienced the chatter. Did setting the cracking pressure to 140 work?

Also, since I can set my cracking pressure to 140 (if it's going to work), how will that affect things when I put my other regulator back on? Basically I'm looking to install quick disconnect configurations on my regular regulator and my Ocean Reef mask so I can go back and forth quickly when we're working with students, so will that mean I have to find a happy medium or is it your experience that if I set it to 140 both the Apeks and Ocean Reef will work fine?

High liner,
How’d that work out? Any tips, I have the exact same issue, it’s annoying to the point I hate the mask.

In the pool will allways chatter but at depth nope. I upgraded to Neptun III and I am very dissapointed on them. Previous version was better far from perfect but better than newest version

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom