Diving from the cheapest possible crappy inflatable boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There are many discussions on inflatable boats. This one is slightly different...
My problem is not to get a "real" boat. I am trying to use the local lake as a free swimming pool where I can exercise very frequently in easy dives, without spending big money and doing the "real" dives when I go to the sea. In some cases I might need an entry level boat to reach the diving spot, mostly very close to the place where I park the car.
For my purpose perhaps even a scooter could be enough in some cases, otherwise an inflatable kayak or (probably better) a small inflatable boat with an electric engine. I would dive alone with my own gear or max 2 persons (less likely). The boat must be inflatable, easy to carry by car, to wash and to store since I live in an apartment. The idea is that the whole thing must be damn cheap, otherwise it's better to give up and just go on paying the dives to the local diving resort like I am doing now

What do you think does it make any sense? What sort of boat would you suggest?
Thanks

Many people dive from the plastic kayaks that you sit on top of. I don't think the cheapest inflatable pool toy is a good idea. My 2¢

Perhaps I will make some tests with rented kayaks. For sure a non inflatable kayak would be good for me, but I don't have a place to store it. Maybe I can try to get an inflatable kayak or boat for rent (if this is possible) and try it in the diving spot I have in mind

I had an inflatable boat with an electric motor once. With dive gear onboard, the motor would barely push the boat. A scooter would work, but it would need a battery that would last long enough to get you back to shore.

02b1e146-23ff-4ac6-ada6-54028cb238ee.fab066f03ee0ff9480913cccb4442ba5.jpe

Darn inflatable boats
I might try a boat with Hybrid engine
I mean electric when I go to the diving spot and oars on the way back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom