Sanitizing regulators and gear for Covid 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for personal usage - the best is 96% alcohol. Ethanol - Wikipedia

Huge amount of reasons:
- List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 | US EPA - most fastest killer for human coronavirus
- easy to get
- one of the most safe for human body
- safe for MOST (but not all) plastics
- no need any diswashing, just stay for some minutes, and it will evaporate
- safe to breath of vapor (in reasonable and accidental cases)

- pleasurable in some cases :)
- in bad luck it could be used in another way :)

I use it to clean food product packages, and products itself, that I bring from market.

Important notice:
Do not dilute it with water for cleaning!!!
In concentration less 60% it decrease killing speed in times.
And in concentration of 40% it can require hours to kill CV

And you can use another simple way - Cleaning Products Can Kill The COVID-19 Virus. Here's What to Use in Your House
- Just stay items for 5-7 days, and coronavirus will die itself. :) I use this wasy for respirators - after usage Just stay it for one week. And later can use it again.

I sanitise my regulator mouthpiece the night before diving

full

The resort shops where I worked put a small dose of strong disinfectant in the regulator rinse tank and extra in the wetsuit rinse tank, long long before Covid. I would be very surprised if any shop that rented gear did not follow a similar approach.

I love the smell of Dettol in the morning

Does it still taste like Gin while diving?

Only for the first few seconds.

Aqualung has issued guidance to service technicians on the sanitizing of their equipment, and Apeks.

Chemgene is the only disinfectant they have tested that will kill the virus and not harm their plastics or damage metal surfaces.

I got the Steramine. Which percentage of Steramine and which percentage of water do you use when you mix them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom