bag drag or CUN-CZM via air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will it be like the button with the red and green lights? Those things already make me nervous enough without the added possibility of a rectal thermometer.

+1 on Canada Transfer... bag drag is really pretty simple

Please if this is the kind of attitude you want to display please don't answer. Members like you are why I stay away and you once again prove that I should've stayed away.

Can't get straight answers that aren't filled with pissy attitude. And from someone from NYC! Oh Lord!

Yup this happens. Mostly because this question is asked and answered at least once a week.

What actually shocks me the most of the same people will answer this question each time with the patience they do rather than expect people searching on the internet to use, say, Google or the search bar at the top of the page.

Yup this happens. Mostly because this question is asked and answered at least once a week.

What actually shocks me the most of the same people will answer this question each time with the patience they do rather than expect people searching on the internet to use, say, Google or the search bar at the top of the page.

If people actually READ my question, they would know I wasn’t asking about the bag drag per se. I know pretty well how it works after being in the Coz forum a couple of years, and although I haven’t done it myself. Not my first time to Coz. I was asking about bag drag vs plane in the context of covid-19 risks, whether the plane would be lower risk due to less people on them, and ferry higher risk due to the higher number of people on them and the tendency for crowds, based on the pics I’ve seen of them.

Now if people will just read and not assume, wouldn’t this be a better forum and a better world? And yes, I’m very appreciative of those always patient members who can actually read (for one) and answer without the snarkiness. They’re always the same folks and Scubaboard should be proud to have them.

Use your eyes and READ the original question folks!

We always prefer to fly into Cozumel to avoid the bag drag, but it's not awful. If you book with a resort that provides the transfer it makes the process easier (but still not awesome). Is it a PITA? Yes. But it can save you some cash and might be the only way you get there when you want to. You're at risk for COVID in both airports, on the flight, and on vacation - risk is risk is risk. All you can do is take precautions at every turn.

I think there might have been a misunderstandi @BoundForElsewhere 's comments - but I know him a little bit from private conversations and laughed about the 'don't lick anything'. So much is lost in the written word - no context, no nonverbal cues, no knowledge of the speaker's sense of humor. While it's all too true that Scubaboard can feel contentious at times, this time I think there was no snark intended. :)

If people actually READ my question, they would know I wasn’t asking about the bag drag per se. I know pretty well how it works after being in the Coz forum a couple of years, and although I haven’t done it myself. Not my first time to Coz. I was asking about bag drag vs plane in the context of covid-19 risks, whether the plane would be lower risk due to less people on them, and ferry higher risk due to the higher number of people on them and the tendency for crowds, based on the pics I’ve seen of them.

Now if people will just read and not assume, wouldn’t this be a better forum and a better world? And yes, I’m very appreciative of those always patient members who can actually read (for one) and answer without the snarkiness. They’re always the same folks and Scubaboard should be proud to have them.

Use your eyes and READ the original question folks!

you know this is a free service, right?
To be fair though. I think the initial answer was a little more ‘tongue in cheek’ as opposed to snarky...let’s not lose the light heartedness of this forum, please...

let’s all just shake hands and go for an ice pop. We’re all friends here :)

I’ll let you know what the ferry is like today.. I’ll take some photos etc for you, but I’d say any journey that is longer is Likely going to be slightly higher risk, but you can also take the ferry without touching anything and face into the wind on the deck, so I don’t think it’s as high risk as ....say the London Underground....
I should also add that I am not an immunologist...

We always prefer to fly into Cozumel to avoid the bag drag, but it's not awful. If you book with a resort that provides the transfer it makes the process easier (but still not awesome). Is it a PITA? Yes. But it can save you some cash and might be the only way you get there when you want to.

I think there might have been a misunderstandi @BoundForElsewhere 's comments - but I know him a little bit from private conversations and laughed about the 'don't lick anything'. So much is lost in the written word - no context, no nonverbal cues, no knowledge of the speaker's sense of humor. While it's all too true that Scubaboard can feel contentious at times, this time I think there was no snark intended. :)

Hey @Kimela, I’m cool with @BoundForElsewhere. He explained and I responded. I think we’re cool. And yet there continues to be instigators trying to derail the thread and make it contentious. I guess they’re just here to cause problems which I honestly don’t care to engage. I know this board fairly well and knew what I was getting back to when I came back. It hasn’t changed.

you know this is a free service, right?
To be fair though. I think the initial answer was a little more ‘tongue in cheek’ as opposed to snarky...

let’s all just shake hands and go for an ice pop. We’re all friends here :)

I’ll let you know what the ferry is like today.. I’ll take some photos etc for you, but I’d say any journey that is longer is Lim;he going to be slightly higher risk, but you can also take the ferry without touching anything and face into the wind on the deck, so I don’t think it’s as high risk as ....say the London Underground....

Folks, please stop about that first response. I think @BoundForElsewhere and I are good, as I explained above. It was over like YESTERDAY.

Any info in terms of crowds would be helpful. Although the installation of that quick Covid-19 test (if it really happens) sure complicates things. Causes one to pause and think. Thanks.

Yes, age old question but with a viral twist in this new age. I don't think I'd agree with the assumption that the ferry will be crowded and the plane will be empty. I haven't used the plane but most accounts I've heard had it pretty full. My gf has taken it twice and all seats filled. I've been on a few crowded ferries but usually it's a light load and you can always sit outside with a breeze to blow that virus away.

As for reliability, I'd go with bus/ferry any day. They will operate in weather that will shut down the small plane. Planes have been known to cancel for mechanical issues but never been a problem with the bus or ferry. They have enough equipment to send another bus or ferry in it's place. Also, there were rumors of the air service shutting down even before the virus. Have you confirmed if they are actually flying right now?

Back
Top Bottom