Prescriptions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no idea Sudafed is illegal in MX. I can not believe I have been braking the law without know it. Coming from a dry climate to a high humidity climate I always need a few pills at the beginning of the trip. So is there a legal way to go about it? What if I have a prescription on me? Is there a bare minimal quantity allowed?
No, no, and nope. It's a risk.

No, no, and nope. It's a risk.
Well, shoot... What do you do for nasal decongestion and stay legal? Afrin only works for an hour or two and can have a rebound... Cocaine is a nasal decongestant, but I suppose it is illegal too...

I believe it is a controlled substance in Mexico not an outlawed substance. If you get a prescription for it I think you would be ok since alot of people travel with controlled substance with prescription in Mexico.

I get my doctor to write one every year and the pharmacy attach it to the box for years.

I have never been stopped so i cannot say if it works or not. But logic tell me it should.

Well, shoot... What do you do for nasal decongestion and stay legal? Afrin only works for an hour or two and can have a rebound... Cocaine is a nasal decongestant, but I suppose it is illegal too...

If you decide to go rogue, (illegal), you will learn that hundreds of divers have made the same choice during that month.

I believe it is a controlled substance in Mexico not an outlawed substance. If you get a prescription for it I think you would be ok since alot of people travel with controlled substance with prescription in Mexico.

I get my doctor to write one every year and the pharmacy attach it to the box for years.

I have never been stopped so i cannot say if it works or not. But logic tell me it should.

I would not recommend calling attention to the contents.
I would consider that to be playing with fire.

I travel with a bottle of Tums, and have some irritable bowel syndrome meds in the Tums bottle that look a lot like the generic Sudafed that I can buy locally.

Both my wife and I have brought Sudafed to Coz each trip there. It has not yet been a problem, but I suppose there could always be a first time.

If you decide to go rogue, (illegal), you will learn that hundreds of divers have made the same choice during that month.
I have done this exact thing, except next time will be the first time I will KNOW, it is illegal... :)

Both my wife and I have brought Sudafed to Coz each trip there. It has not yet been a problem, but I suppose there could always be a first time.
But you didn't declare it, right? We are talking about the original Sudafed or Pseudoephedrine (PSE), not the worthless product sold under the same name that does not require an ID check.

Wow. I am shocked to just having to find out about it. I had no idea. Now researching the net, I found this Information regarding bringing medications into Mexico | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico

It looks like even having prescription may not be safe...
Yeah, what is legal with a prescription in one may well not be allowed in others. There are some meds that are legal in Europe but not approved in the US. People travel with their prescription meds all of the time, but there are details that should be explored on some.

Back
Top Bottom