Layover in Sorong / Diving with Triton Bay Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I'm planning a major 'bucket list' dive trip next year to commemorate my 70th. I'm doing a LOB on Komodo, flying to Sorong and spending a week with Papau Explorers.

Missing in all this is a (reasonable) opportunity to dive with whale sharks. I just learned of Triton Bay and diving on the 'edge' of the known universe is very appealing. The rub is that Triton's normal pick up days are Saturday and Wednesday and I don't return to Sorong from Papau Explorers until Sunday AM. I'm told flights are very erratic in this part of the world, particularly on Sunday and booking private transport from Kaimana is extraordinarily expensive (4.5 million Rp)

So two questions here:
  • Has anyone been to Triton Bay? Opinions?

• Am I going to go nuts if I'm stuck in Sorong Sunday--Wednesday?
Thanks in advance

WOW!!!

Any comments on laying over in Sorong?

WOW!!!

Any comments on laying over in Sorong?
I stayed for one night pre liveaboard and that was long enough for me.
I can recommend Vega Hotel though. Decent rooms and restaurant. Excellent customer service.

I do no think that anybody can predict the situation for next year yet.

No one can predict tomorrow...

I say find a way to make it happen.. you may not get another chance :)

I was happy with Swiss Bel and could use it for a base for touring Sorong.

I was happy with Swiss Bel and could use it for a base for touring Sorong.

Actually the owner of Swiss Bel just opened a new resort in Waisai. If you want the link let me know.

You can stay in Swiss Bel for the night on Sunday, go to Batanta island for Monday, Tuesday and back to Swiss Bel.

Having spent four glorious weeks with Triton Bay Divers over the last couple of years, I would say that a couple of not so good days in Sorong is a small price to pay for a stay in paradise.

Actually the owner of Swiss Bel just opened a new resort in Waisai. If you want the link let me know.

You can stay in Swiss Bel for the night on Sunday, go to Batanta island for Monday, Tuesday and back to Swiss Bel.

Yes please

Back
Top Bottom