Drug smuggling diver found unconscious in Detroit River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not the first time someone has tried to use dive gear of different sorts to smuggle drugs across that stretch of the border.

One guy in 2013 used rental gear from the LDS. The shop recognized their gear when it hit the news. Took forever for them to get it back. Guy was straight out of O/W.

Scuba Diver Caught Smuggling Drugs Across U.S.-Canada Border

Marijuana is legal to some extent in both Canada and Michigan. Why didn't he just contact an experienced customs broker for the transfer.

I had to search a bit to find the Underwater Drug Smuggler specially from PADI. Only $420, considering it’s really a professional or commercial certification that is not too bad.
not funny....

Did the investigators even think to check his mask? It could simply be his glaucoma prescription.
Marijuana is legal to some extent in both Canada and Michigan. Why didn't he just contact an experienced customs broker for the transfer.

@Marie13 ? Can you help a feller out? Well, I mean after he is released to the Holiday Inn.

This story was a Trailer Park Boys episode.

Bubbles!!!!! I'm not even Canadian, and I remember (and love) that show! Major points for the reference!

Who the hell smokes compressed weed these days? Even the high school kids smoke primo bud, vape oil/wax, and edibles. Guy did not understand his market and suffered for it.

And (IMO) this wins for the actual, real world perspective, on the situation....

Let's be honest, it's never a good thing to see a diver in distress, or succumb to the undesirable forces that divers are subject to.... That's never good, whether legal or not... We all have made light of that situation in this case, and thankfully the diver survived (to face his/her's come-uppings)... But really, smuggling weed between CA and USA?? What was this guy thinking?? Norther Lights is old news bruh..... (LOL)

Did the investigators even think to check his mask? It could simply be his glaucoma prescription.

@Marie13 ? Can you help a feller out? Well, I mean after he is released to the Holiday Inn.

Clearly, you mean Holiday Inn Express, Which I stayed at before I commented on the Wrench Cut-outs in the Carbon Fiber Backplate thread.... (I'm sorry, in advance to that thread, was not a stab on the thread, only a stab on Holiday Inn....:heart: [I thought there was a "Peace Smiley, but apparently not :fear:])

One guy in 2013 used rental gear from the LDS. The shop recognized their gear when it hit the news. Took forever for them to get it back. Guy was straight out of O/W.

I am assuming that he lost the security deposit? And for the record, if he had zero-to-hero'ed the AOW, he could have actually submerged and not be seen. Tactical miscalculation on his part.

Back
Top Bottom