Dive Tokens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should have received one on The Aggressor. Every diver on The Kittiwake is required to have one as Menno said. The DMs get ones that cover them for the year. OPs pay for all of them. Some OPs who are not up to date on their fees and therefore are not supposed to dive there still go but no tokens! Makes you wonder. Anyone else done The Kittiwake from The Aggressor and not received one? Over the years we collected some from dives that were not wreck dives. I believe most were more conservation related.

What's the challenge?
I've seen a couple of responses saying that it is a military tradition, but nobody has actually answered what the "challenge" is, so here it is: If you're up to the challenge, you pull out your RMO (round metallic object, because just saying the C word - not that C word - can be a challenge initiation itself) and slap it on the bar at the O Club. Everyone in the vicinity then has to pull out their own RMOs in response. Anyone who doesn't have one on them gets to treat those who do to an adult beverage, but if everyone is properly equipped, the challenger owes a round of drinks.

RMOs are given out as unit or campaign memorabilia and typically general officers will have their own, usually something representing their command, that are different from the unit RMOs. The generals give those out in recognition or certain events and they are often highly prized. My wife got one from USAF Chief of Staff Gen Michael Ryan when she, a civilian, played a huge role in the organization and execution of the Arnold Air Society/Silver Wings national conclave. I was pretty jealous because the highest ranking RMO I ever got was from a 3-star general.

I've seen a couple of responses saying that it is a military tradition, but nobody has actually answered what the "challenge" is, so here it is: If you're up to the challenge, you pull out your RMO (round metallic object, because just saying the C word - not that C word - can be a challenge in itself) and slap it on the bar at the O Club. Everyone in the vicinity then has to pull out their own RMOs in response. Anyone who doesn't have one on them gets to treat those who do to an adult beverage, but if everyone is properly equipped, the challenger owes a round of drinks.

RMOs are given out as unit or campaign memorabilia and typically general officers will have their own, usually something representing their command, that are different from the unit RMOs. The generals give those out in recognition or certain events and they are often highly prized. My wife got one from USAF Chief of Staff Gen Michael Ryan when she, a civilian, played a huge role in the organization and execution of the Arnold Air Society/Silver Wings national conclave. I was pretty jealous because the highest ranking RMO I ever got was from a 3-star general.

ok, now that's a cool story.

Thank you indeed for the explanation.

Sometimes you also get the “RMO” if you belong in special groups (paratrooper, SAR, etc etc etc)

Bright Shiny Objects, sometimes called RMOs.

Here’s one that The Chief (love him or hate him, we got along just fine) gave me...

968E28E3-8ABD-4569-80E8-AFCCB22C088B.jpeg

There’s a bunch of different BCD tags that CCV will hand you, or you can qualify for, or just grab....
2B00EF16-D9F4-405F-A418-F015B420B88B.jpeg

super-cool, @Doc. is waterborne spelled wrong?

super-cool, @Doc. is waterborne spelled wrong?

i just accepted it as is, never questioned as to why they picked that derivative spelling. Bunch of Brit SFU Police (as below) were Plank Members? Maybe a copyright thing? I have a pile of challenge coins here and quite a few of them have tiny copyright C mark thingies. Do you really think it’s a good idea to piss these people off over stealing a design? Prolly not lol

9DDB41A2-D252-4D01-BFC0-290EA8EA6868.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom