ScubaBoard needs your help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB has been my first stop to make questions and has been incredible helpful so many times that I cannot account for.
I would be very sad if SB goes, but I live in Argentina. This is saddest even. For those that are not aware, the exchange rate pesos to US dollars went from $ 38 to $ 125 in less than a year, inflation followed, not salaries. A new government, that resembles each day more to Venezuela and the prohibition to send money offshore, summed up to the COVID-19 crisis that allow any government to do whatever they want, avoid sending any help. Moreover we would also need help, but that's another story.
I wish you all the best and I hope you can go on with this helpful forum.

SB has been my first stop to make questions and has been incredible helpful so many times that I cannot account for.
I would be very sad if SB goes, but I live in Argentina. This is saddest even. For those that are not aware, the exchange rate pesos to US dollars went from $ 38 to $ 125 in less than a year, inflation followed, not salaries. A new government, that resembles each day more to Venezuela and the prohibition to send money offshore, summed up to the COVID-19 crisis that allow any government to do whatever they want, avoid sending any help. Moreover we would also need help, but that's another story.
I wish you all the best and I hope you can go on with this helpful forum.

:(

Stay safe, be well

Don't trust @mcpowell, that guy tried to steal my fins once! :wink:. In all seriousness, in addition to all the great knowledge on the board, SB has helped to foster a few friendships along the way as well!

Don’t believe everything you hear/read, those fins weren’t loved like I could love them...

Hello SBers,

I am posting to keep this issue on the top of this forum list. I don't want this issue to fade away.

SARS-Cov-2 has wiped out economies around the world. No news there. Leisure and entertainment always takes the first hit in an economic downturn. Again, no news there.

ScubaBoard survives on advertising revenue. Advertising has dried up.

How much is this brand worth to you?
:smalllogo:

$5.00 a month? $10.00 a month? Is it worth giving up two Starbucks per month?

I put my money where my mouth is by becoming a supporter 1½ years ago.. Additionally, I gave a donation. I also set up a quarterly reminder to donate more. Not much, but hopefully enough. $10.00 from 1,000 people adds up to real money. Businesses don't run on hope or good feelings.

Can you afford $15.00 per quarter?

Please keep this thread alive.

My wife and I are so grateful to Pete, Dennis, Roxanne, and the staff for saving diving for us. Surges and Invasions use a strategy that makes diving fun again. We are respected on the board (by some anyways) and at Surge and Invasion events. You are our diving family.

We are diving in 10 days with people we met here on :smalllogo: PRICELESS!

We will stop and visit an SBer on our trip down to our diving destination to deliver a bottle of Scotch. PRICELESS! We learned of our shared love of good booze because of :smalllogo:.

Let's not lose this diving community asset. Go to this link for donation links please: ScubaBoard needs your help...

cheers,
m²V2

Hello SBers,

I am posting to keep this issue on the top of this forum list. I don't want this issue to fade away.

SARS-Cov-2 has wiped out economies around the world. No news there. Leisure and entertainment always takes the first hit in an economic downturn. Again, no news there.

ScubaBoard survives on advertising revenue. Advertising has dried up.

How much is this brand worth to you?
:smalllogo:

$5.00 a month? $10.00 a month? Is it worth giving up two Starbucks per month?

I put my money where my mouth is by becoming a supporter 1½ years ago.. Additionally, I gave a donation. I also set up a quarterly reminder to donate more. Not much, but hopefully enough. $10.00 from 1,000 people adds up to real money. Businesses don't run on hope or good feelings.

Can you afford $15.00 per quarter?

Please keep this thread alive.

My wife and I are so grateful to Pete, Dennis, Roxanne, and the staff for saving diving for us. Surges and Invasions use a strategy that makes diving fun again. We are respected on the board (by some anyways) and at Surge and Invasion events. You are our diving family.

We are diving in 10 days with people we met here on :smalllogo: PRICELESS!

We will stop and visit an SBer on our trip down to our diving destination to deliver a bottle of Scotch. PRICELESS! We learned of our shared love of good booze because of :smalllogo:.

Let's not lose this diving community asset. Go to this link for donation links please: ScubaBoard needs your help...

cheers,
m²V2

Wait! You deliver Scotch!!!!!????

Back
Top Bottom