Tobermory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The small boat does not comply with social distancing protocol. Need the bigger area to keep apart. Like with the airlines, I predict significant hikes in user fees if capacity is reduced.

They aren't planning on any significant increase. If the rate of COVID continues to decline, they expect, or at least hope, that Transport Canada will loosen the passenger number. Four on some of the boats, like Proteus, is comical. It's a huge boat.

Also, the shore diving restrictions have now been lifted. It's still quiet in town, but it is June. I kind of like it tbh.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the information. I knew about the boats going back in the water, 4 divers to a boat and no shore diving. It is nice to hear shore diving is back on. We usually book the Proteus with 12 divers. It will really suck if we can only do 4 divers but hopefully that will change by the time we head up (late August). For now we'll stick to shore diving in the St. Lawrence.

They aren't planning on any significant increase. If the rate of COVID continues to decline, they expect Transport Canada to loosen the passenger number.

[....]

Also, the shore diving restrictions have now been lifted. It's still quiet in town, but it is June. I kind of like it tbh.
Oh thank goodness for that bit o news.

And perhaps most importantly, rumour has it that the Crowsnest patio is open at noon on Friday. This cub reporter will investigate and report back!

Water is only 52 here, can't imagine what it is there....

Water is only 52 here, can't imagine what it is there....

"Only"? Dude... heat wave. I've found 44° to be pretty typical. A guy I know was claiming it was 37° on Arabia on Saturday, but I find that almost impossible to believe. Either his thermometer is out of whack or he's using alternate facts. I've been diving here for 46 years and those temps are only at the surface in April. Considering there was almost no ice and very little snow this year, the water I think, is a little warmer than normal for this time of year.

Time to start ditching layers... ;-)

Actually I just received my Thermolution heated vest. Will add that for the longer, deeper stuff. :D I'm running pretty thin undies now. Couldn't do valve drills, otherwise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom