Any scuba gear made in the USA??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Bobbyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just bought a new regulator and BC made by Scubapro. Kind of disappointed that it's all made in China. Is there any scuba gear made in the USA??

Henderson makes wetsuits in the US.

Dive Rite and Halcyon make (assemble?) wings and harnesses here in the US.

DUI and USIA do drysuits.

I have a hierarchy of country of origin myself. US, then Canada, then Europe, only then Asia.

Apeks regs used to be made in the UK, not sure anymore.

plenty.
Underwater Light Dude Lights/Vest controllers
Halcyon Backplates, Wings, pretty much all soft goods actually, all of their lights, reels
Dive Rite primary lights, soft goods, O2ptima, and maybe their backplates?
Oxycheq soft goods *wings, dsmb's, etc*.
DUI Drysuits
USIA Drysuits
some Henderson wetsuits
Light Monkey lights
Sherwood regulators
Silent Submersion Scooters
DiveX Scooters
Logic Dive Gear Scooters
ISC Rebreathers
KISS Rebreathers
Zeagle BCD's

I'm know I'm missing some, but that's quickly off the top of my head.

Plenty of stuff that doesn't qualify for "Made in USA" labeling due to imported parts but has much of the components made in the US and/or is assembled in the USA.

I think Dive Rite backplates are made in the US, as well.

@Marie13 Apeks regs are still made in the UK and Poseidons are still made in Sweden. Very few Henderson suits are still made here, but some are.

Henderson's website and ads make it seem like all of their wetsuits are made here.

Henderson's website and ads make it seem like all of their wetsuits are made here.

The Talon series are made here, and they do some custom work here, but the rest of the suits are imported IIRC. May be some small exceptions, but the majority are not made here. They would advertise that if they could.

Dgx makes the wings and backplates in USA.

Back
Top Bottom