A pirate's life for m ... blub, gurgle, awk! (New wreck)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetInPortland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alas, me hearties, our Cozumel Pirate Ship has gone to Davy Jones' Locker:

103101230_23844776387850134_1338904282996707729_n.jpg

(photo credit: Stingray Villas)

We had some strong winds and thunderstorms from the outer bands of Tropical Storm Cristobal, but I didn't think it was all that significant. Some big puddles here and there, and yes, it was a bit noisy at times, but we never even lost power in Centro (a few flickers, and that was on Friday). It was much worse in Campeche and Ciudad del Carmen.

I had a conversation about the pirate ship with one of the dive operators a while back. He said, "Look at the white like that runs stem to stern. That's the actual level of the deck. Everything else has been built up and added on. Notice how that line bows upward?!"

Is that the one that did the booze cruise with blasting music?

I'd dive it once or twice.

Hats off, ya scurvy knaves! Here be a pictograph of our beloved ship in her glory, for those whose memory's been lost to rum:

upload_2020-6-7_21-32-25.png

Gaar. I see a wreck diving specialty class
Unfortunately, the location, north of the ferry pier, roughly off Pancho's Backyard, isn't near any of the common dive sites, although the satellite view seems to show some reef structures in the area.

Unfortunately, the location, north of the ferry pier, roughly off Pancho's Backyard, isn't near any of the common dive sites, although the satellite view seems to show some reef structures in the area.
Yo Ho, Yo Ho-- It's a Pirate's life for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom