Trip Report Back in the high life again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, today, the wind and swells were up, 2-4 or 5 feet, occasionally bigger, short period. We did the two morning dives but the afternoon was cancelled. It was a day to make sure you didn't fall over on the boat. The pick ups were not simple or easy..

Two more great solo dives with Loggerhead out of BB. First dive was on the outside at Green Roof with crossover at the end. The second dive was Briney Breezes to Castle Ledge and Lynn's. The current was moderate to brisk north, a little less on the second dive. Current and/or wind often pulled the flag toward the west, making it a little tougher. Water temp was 81 degrees today, visibility about 60 feet. A couple of Green Turtles, many Loggerheads, Nurse Shark, Lemon Shark (same one as yesterday?), all the usual reef fish, many small skinny lobster feeling safe, for the time being. At least one group saw a medium size Great Hammerhead, I was not so lucky.

Great to be back in Florida, diving.
Thanks for posting- sounded sporty indeed. I am liking the 81 degrees- quite the improvement compared to the last time we were diving there together.

We were scheduled to go out with Horizon in the afternoon to do skills, but they canceled due to winds.

Hoping to get out tomorrow. Otherwise it might be a long four day weekend for Independence Day trying to knock everything out.

3 mm and a hooded vest, I'm toasty, even with well over an hour per dive. The older I get, the less I like being cold :)
Guess you should get yourself one of those new fangled drysuits.

:rofl3:

3 mm and a hooded vest, I'm toasty, even with well over an hour per dive. The older I get, the less I like being cold :)
Once it hits 80 skin time all summer
Water here has been 78/80 so it is has been skin time or at most beat down 1mm
Mid 50s and better for me

I'm trying to get back into Florida diving again too. I'm finally back here for some business travel but it's been choppy down here past few days and lots of cancelations. There's one captain who will go out if it's even close to possible, I forget his company but his name was Dustin Mcsomething. I can't find him anywhere but it's been a few years lots of places aren't around anymore especially after COVID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom