Difference in drying time between soft weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esprise Me

Kelp forest dweller
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So here's a profoundly unimportant question. I have two soft weights, both two pounders. One of them consistently dries much faster than the other, even when they're both exposed to the same conditions. You can see them here side by side. What's up with that?

Attachments

• 20200605_112402.jpg
    20200605_112402.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 123
How is your trim the deeper side was exposed to a higher partial pressure thus getting wetter.

How is your trim the deeper side was exposed to a higher partial pressure thus getting wetter.
Now that you mention it, I do dive in vertical trim with one weight at my ankle and the other around my neck... and I'm 60 feet tall...:rofl3:

Two-ply, heh, heh, heh?

So my dad has a theory. He thinks the two weights weren't made from the same bolt of cloth, and that the quick-drying one has some water-resistant coating on the inside. That makes sense; that one just doesn't seem to get as wet, while the other one you can squeeze water out of.

Is one packed more tightly, allowing less air circulation than the other?

DW

Back
Top Bottom