• I have backup gear for my own personal use

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • I have backup gear primarily for visitors

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have lots of gear and regularly change things up

Votes: 52 42.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Transmitter is just broadcasting. Can be read by an unlimited number of units if in range.

@scubadada I think you should add this poll to your collection of evidence that shows SB is not full of your average divers. 30% have more than one set of gear and 47.5% have more than that....very much not your typical scuba diver.

Had both his Petrel and Perdix on my wrist... Covered a quarter of my arm.
Fear those are really overkill.

So? I wear my Perdix up my forearm. Don’t have a lot of real estate myself. On left arm a wrist slate and Perdix take up entire forearm above dry glove rings.

oh yes he did. (as said: let's not mention his stash...) But Shearwater is for real tech divers. Later, when I'm all grown up and into trimix and deco etc I still can add a Shearwater to my collection ;-)
I know it has been mentioned above, but I'll help reinforce it. Shearwater is an excellent recreational computer. Don't think of it as tech only. Far from it. It's one of those few pieces of gear that spans all your diving from learning to dive into multi-stage trimix dives. The only reason mine got upgraded, the rebreather came with one that watches the O2 cells. But even then I could still use that very same basic Shearwater I bought many years ago with the rebreather (just program in the PPO2 and let it go). On big trips I do bring the original Shearwater as my backup/loaner. It has been so flexible. Way better than my first computer (1-button Oceanic POS that still works and I hated almost as soon as I brought it home). If you are going to spend any real money on a computer, Shearwater.

I know it has been mentioned above, but I'll help reinforce it. Shearwater is an excellent recreational computer. Don't think of it as tech only. Far from it. It's one of those few pieces of gear that spans all your diving from learning to dive into multi-stage trimix dives. The only reason mine got upgraded, the rebreather came with one that watches the O2 cells. But even then I could still use that very same basic Shearwater I bought many years ago with the rebreather (just program in the PPO2 and let it go). On big trips I do bring the original Shearwater as my backup/loaner. It has been so flexible. Way better than my first computer (1-button Oceanic POS that still works and I hated almost as soon as I brought it home). If you are going to spend any real money on a computer, Shearwater.

Don’t have a lot of real estate myself

:rofl3:
My "real estate" is nothing but a shed in the garden

But you are both right. It's better to wait a bit longer and to invest in 1 decent AI DC than having to buy another one in a near or distant future...

Back
Top Bottom