SCUBA SHOW 2020 - KEN'S CONCEPTION TALK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
FYI, I gave a talk at the virtual Scuba Show 2020, "The Conception Fire 9 Months Later: What We Know, What We Don't Know, What We Need to Learn." It's been archived on their FaceBook page. Here's the link in case anyone's who didn't get a chance to see/listen is interested. (It's an hour-long PowerPoint talk.)

https://www.facebook.com/scubashow/videos/292468912148428/

Thank you for posting the link. Will give it a look when I get in tonight.

Thanks Ken, that was very interesting.

Thanks Ken,

Your presentation was very good and informative.

Beyond LI batteries and as an ex dive guide that had some responsibilities on liveaboards I did notice that the electrics on the boats I worked on were substandard.

US boats may well have higher standards and inspections but electricity run across the boats from the AC to the bilge to the TV to well.... everything.

Batteries are certainly a risk factor but I can see how a fire could break out nearly anywhere because of poor electricity maintenance.

I like your idea of better testing of alarm kit and it being linked to other alarms.

Thanks again for your presentation

Back
Top Bottom