Anybody still buying bottom timers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wstorms

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I lost my bottom timer. Old uwatec type. No need to replace it since I have a few computers, all of them can be set in BT mode if I want to do so. But it made me wonder, with bottom timers about the same price as entry level dive computers, is anybody still buying actual timers?

I understand why you might want BT mode, this is specifically about the hardware, not the BT functionality

Used bottom timers are cheap. That's why I got my Uwatec.

Freedivers?

Freedivers?

most of them are using small watch sized computers that have an apnea mode. I don't see any reason to buy a new bottom timer these days when the cheap computers have BT mode for the same price. The @Deep Six computer is $2 more expensive than the Uwatec bottom timer, but is a nitrox computer with apnea mode and bottom timer mode in a small watch vs. a big puck...
Deep 6 Excursion Dive Computer

If you insist on old-school, you could pay as much as you want on a submersible mechanical wrist watch (with helium relief valve, natch) and use it to measure your bottom time. It might be cool to actually use a dive watch for diving, I’m sure you’ll be the only one!

If you insist on old-school, you could pay as much as you want on a submersible mechanical wrist watch (with helium relief valve, natch) and use it to measure your bottom time. It might be cool to actually use a dive watch for diving, I’m sure you’ll be the only one!
Dive watchs are widely emplyed. I would go nowhere without my thrusted Seiko Diver's 150m quartz.
It is serving me well since 45 years...
I also have a Citizen, which includes a digital depth meter, but this is something I use more seldom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom