Developing a Useful retainer clip for a stowed second stage (octopus)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First cut at it... I'm happy with it.
15909350515341799819126149762591.jpg 15909352010391973693056535169230.jpg
Does that line up with what you were after @drk5036 ?
Respectfully
James

@James79 I like it; but it's too effective, simple, and does not appear to present much of a challenge.
Hey, is that a SP109 with a home made cover? Well done!

Should be super easy to use that basic model you linked to, and recreate it. My only concern (that may be too strong of a word) is material choice. But ABS would probably be fine. I wouldn't use PLA, due to it's brittle-ness. Let me knock something together today, and see what happens!
Respectfully,
James
As is usually the case with real world use of printed parts, the appropriate thing to do here is probably to print a blank, then make a mold off of it and pour cast the actual parts in a more applicable material

As is usually the case with real world use of printed parts, the appropriate thing to do here is probably to print a blank, then make a mold off of it and pour cast the actual parts in a more applicable material
Yeah.... I still don't have it in me to get started on molds and casting. Genuininely, and with no snark, if you would like to mold and cast it just shoot me an address via pm and I can mail you a couple samples.
Respectfully,
James

@James79 I like it; but it's too effective, simple, and does not appear to present much of a challenge.
Hey, is that a SP109 with a home made cover? Well done!
Yeah, that's my test mule that still has the printed Pseudo-Duro poppet in it. My 10 y.o. has a printed blue faceplate on his 109 (just because he likes blue!)

Double the hose back and pass the half loop through the D ring.
And make sure you carry a spare for that poor hose.

Back
Top Bottom