K-Inflator O-ring Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
My inflator connector for the hose got loose and the o-ring got extruded, I was able to repair it (on the steps of Peacock) using the inflator repair kit. But I am unsure about what o-ring size I need to order to get that kit back up to full stock.

From your link

Includes the five O-rings found in the power inflation mechanism: 112-V90B, 012-V90B, 011-V90B, and two 006-V75B.

Which orings did you use?

https://www.captainoring.com/uploads/4/0/8/9/40890501/scubachart.pdf

This is a very handy thing to print out and keep with your O-rings. Actually, I have a different chart that has all the sizes that they could fit on one page, but this gives you an idea. Make sure when you print it you print actual size, not fit to page: most printers have a small margin they can’t print out to and the PDF app will shrink the PDF a few percent to make sure that everything fits. That few percent will throw off the size of the O-rings! :)

The chart is invaluable for being able to pull an O-ring off and figure out what size it is, or put your new ones on it and verify what size they are.

And I recommend getting a decent o-ring kit. Piranha has a few large kits to choose from. https://www.piranhadivemfg.com/category/O-Rings-Save-a-Dive-plus-Tools-91

You’ll still pay too much per o-ring, but at least it’s like $0.20 a ring instead of $1 a ring like you pay with the really small kits (like the inflator kit...). The cheapest convenient way is to buy them on Amazon, but then you have to pay $6 for 100. It’s cheap per o-ring, but 100 is a lifetime supply (and then some!) and seeing as you need like 10-20 sizes, the kit is a better value.

That worked, I was able to measure the remaining o-rings and only the 011 is missing.
There are five o-rings in the kit. The one you are looking for is the middle-sized one.
is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom