Crane Day 2020 - Tobermory, Ontario, Canada - 4K Time lapse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted the park via email on 28th May to see what they have planned and got this reply

"Hi Norman,

Thanks for reaching out.

Diving will be allowed on June 1st.

We are currently working on a system to allow us to issue the proper permits, collect fees and distribute safety information and dive tags.

If you are able to access the water with your boat, all dive locations in Fathom Five will be open for use starting June 1st.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this situation.

For the most up to date information, please check our website at Bruce Peninsula National Park"

Permits for divers, and also those with their own boats should be available from the park office, or so they said yesterday...

Cheers,
Norman H.

My original message to the park.....

"HI, I hear that the Marine Park will be open starting June 1st 2020. Is diving permitted? Will I still be able to buy a diver permit and boat permit for my RIB so that we can moor to the wreck buoys as we have done in previous years. It is a personal use only boat for my wife and I. we do not do charters and are not insured for commercial use of our boat. It is a 19ft rigid hull inflatable with 75HP outboard. In the past we have towed it up form Ottawa for a 2 week holiday and bought a pass to use the park at the visitor centre and a pass to use the launch ramp at the harbormaster’s office. Is this still the case, or has Covid-19 changed the playing field? Let me know.

Cheers,

Norman H.

Ya I think it's a bit of a work in progress. As of this morning the "Visitor Experience Manager" told me that the tag programme was suspended for now, but that may change soon and that tags should be available through DD, possibly as soon as this week.

As of this moment, I am waiting for my boat permit to be emailed to me.

I think it's important to remember that the Park and the town are the same as everywhere else in the world. "Ain't never been here before..."

As I said, pack a double dose of patience.

Back
Top Bottom