When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelSafe Classsic and Arch RoamRight are similar.
I'm not familiar with the company. When I searched for it, I found Roamright.com and Insuremytrip.com claiming to be Arch Roamright. They appear to be different sites.

For my age, home state, next trip to Cozumel, etc. all three charge about the same rate. I guess results will vary. TravelSafe.com includes twice as much medical coverage and twice as much medical evacuation, the primary reasons for buying to me. There are some other differences.

I'm not familiar with the company. When I searched for it, I found Roamright.com and Insuremytrip.com claiming to be Arch Roamright. They appear to be different sites.

For my age, home state, next trip to Cozumel, etc. all three charge about the same rate. I guess results will vary. TravelSafe.com includes twice as much medical coverage and twice as much medical evacuation, the primary reasons for buying to me. There are some other differences.

I like using SquareMouth: Travel Insurance - Compare and Buy | Squaremouth

If they can't haul my sorry azz or carcass out for $500K, then leave me for the wildlife to consume.

I like using SquareMouth: Travel Insurance - Compare and Buy | Squaremouth

If they can't haul my sorry azz or carcass out for $500K, then leave me for the wildlife to consume.
Nice comparison site. My primary focus is Medical coverage, and $100K is much more appealing than $50K. I see that some companies offer much less, some much more. There are several that seem to beat TravelSafe.com, depending on closer examination.

Speaking strictly for myself here. If I think that there is a significant chance that I will need travel insurance to medivac me out of a vacation spot, I will take a hard look at how much I want or need to go on that vacation.

Speaking strictly for myself here. If I think that there is a significant chance that I will need travel insurance to medivac me out of a vacation spot, I will take a hard look at how much I want or need to go on that vacation.

Bonaire, little Caymen... medevac you for any serious medical condition. Many islands just don't have the facilities for major issues.

You don’t have to be dying to be medavaced, some of you may know the guy flown out with a severely broken arm.

Should the need arise tho, it'd be nice for someone else to pay for it. You're probably covered by your DAN membership tho. Again, my primary focus on trip insurance is the medical coverage, and they charge me more than the after-boomer generations because my odds in needing it are higher, but you may be otherwise covered when you leave the US.

For my kids and grandkids who aren't DAN members, medivac coverage is more important - and cheap. Our only big claim so far has been when my granddaughter lost her passport in China, but we never know what's next.

I don't buy it to address a significant chance.
I have homeowners insurance because it's prudent.
I have auto insurance because it's prudent.
Any insurance is expensive until you need/use it, then it becomes an incredible bargain

I don't buy it to address a significant chance.
I have homeowners insurance because it's prudent.
I have auto insurance because it's prudent.
Any insurance is expensive until you need/use it, then it becomes an incredible bargain
Of course; I have all that stuff as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom