RAID Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstrek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for info on dive ops on Grand Cayman, Florida Keys and Cozumel that accept RAID nitrox certification. I am ready to take the final test and the instructor led portion (tank analysis / dive planning) and want to make sure that this is accepted.

I plan to contact my op in Cozumel but my op in Cayman is no longer in business (pandemic casualty). I dive a couple ops in the Keys as well, one of which is a RAID dive shop.

Thanks!

It should be accepted anywhere. If you have doubts just call ahead but if it is not accepted then I think it says more about the dive op than it says about RAID.

I think he is asking for a RAID facility because he has started a nitrox course with them, done the academics and is now looking for somewhere he can get signed off for the practical element. If I understood his situation correctly then he does indeed need a RAID facility

I think he is asking for a RAID facility because he has started a nitrox course with them, done the academics and is now looking for somewhere he can get signed off for the practical element. If I understood his situation correctly then he does indeed need a RAID facility

I have a RAID instructor / facility and was asking about the acceptance of the RAID certification as it is a newer organization in the USA.

I have a RAID instructor / facility and was asking about the acceptance of the RAID certification as it is a newer organization in the USA.
If a RAID certification isn't accepted by a dive op, that dive op is run by morons and that red flag alone should be cause enough to want to take your business elsewhere.

In that case I misunderstood. If you have your certification and it is done and complete and you just need to find somewhere that will accept your cert then the answer as others stated is ... anywhere. Raid is a legit agency and your cert is good in any op. I work for Divetech in Grand Cayman and we are happy to host divers with your certification.

I'm sorry to hear about your regular operation that isnt running anymore due to the coronavirus but if you are looking for someone to dive with when our restrictions lift then I'd love to take you out over here and will help you through the initial steps of using nitrox in the real world

If a RAID certification isn't accepted by a dive op, that dive op is run by morons and that red flag alone should be cause enough to want to take your business elsewhere.

This ^^^ The RAID cert will be recognized worldwide and if it is not...see above.

This ^^^ The RAID cert will be recognized worldwide and if it is not...see above.
There's just no excuse to not be familiar with at least the WRSTC members (knowing they exist), nor the DIR agencies. My opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom