Women's BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

I've had my AquaLung Pearl a few years, and I'm tired of losing weight pockets. They click in and just aren't secure. Sure I could use a weight belt but I like the integrated weights.

Any recommendations for a BCD for a 5'2" woman that has secured (not just clipped in) weights? I looked at the ScubaPro Hydros Pro, but it seems overly finicky and has no pockets.

I"m mainly a warm water diver, and don't care about tech diving.

I'm a little shorter than you, also a warm-water diver, and love my Zeagle Zena. It has integrated weight pockets and I never worry about losing weights. I also love its vest-style fit.

There have been a number of discussions about the Zena here at SB, so you could run a search to get more info. Good luck!

My husband has the Hydros Pro, BTW. He loves it. But I tried their smallest size in the store and much preferred the Zena.

While it's not specifically a ladies BC, I would look at the OMS Lite. It comes in a xx small, x small-small, you have a choice of a 27 or 32 lb wing, and it weights less than 6lbs. 27 lb (12.5 kg) IQ Lite Performance Mono

I've been diving the Ladyhawk for quite a few years. It is just slightly too long for me. Pretty happy with its other features, particularly the weight pockets.

The only weight pockets I trust are Zeagle’s ripcord system. Easy to load weights and easy to dump even with heavy gloves plus it is virtually impossible to accidentally drop the weights.

I got a zeagle stilleto for my wife to meet those needs. Happens to be for sale since she doesn't want to dive any more.

A good friend of mine was looking for a new BCD a few years ago. She bought a Zeagle Zena and she loves it.

If you have a Zeagle dealer nearby, it would be worth taking a look at.

Thank you all. It sounds like the Zeagle Zena might be a very good option.

I have bought the Zena, and we'll see how it fits.I have an hourglass shape that hasn't agreed with my Pearl, and this seems to suit me for weights as well.

You might want to consider a BP/W set up

Both of my female instructors including a bunch of other female divers I know use one.

Its highly adjustable and I don't think there should be any fit issues like in a normal BCD.

Back
Top Bottom