Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not into European wines. I'm into Aussie & Chilean reds...best in the world!

Wot???? :facepalm:
Can't leave that unpunished.

Australian and chilean wines are either "big and fat" or " fat and big".

We have everything in France from broad to fruity Loire cab franc wines (Clos Rougeard anyone?), fruity and aromatic Beaujolais gamay ( a 20$ bottle from Pierre Cotton is worth any 100$ wine on a sunny day barbecue), spicy Rhone shiraz or Grenache (taste for once Chateau Rayas and you'll tell me where the best wines are done), gamey pinot noir Burgundies (Is there any wine in Oz that can rival such finesse as a Chambolle Musigny from Tremblay?), rich berries tasting Languedoc blends ( Grange des Pères is not even listed as an AOC, only "wine from France", it just blows your mind), fun natural sparkling wines from Auvergne (Champagne is for losers, drink Festejar from Pierre Bouju).
Add ontop we have been the leaders of biodynamic and nature wine while the New World regions were producing technological fat bodied wooden wines crafted for Parker's taste.

Rant over since justice has been rendered.
You can now go back to unimportant matters like diving. :wink: :D

I don't want to get too political because I want to answer the topic of this thread. I live in Oregon, USA, and I am certainly not proud to be an American right now because of the reckless behavior of people in public, i.e., not wearing masks. We have a really lame president who has shown poor leadership. We're all starting to feel the pressure of unemployment, emotional stress, and feeling like prisoners in our own homes.

Having lived with this new reality for three months now, I would take a dive trip today if my destination was fully functioning and staffed appropriately. Three months ago, I would have said no way. I lost three dive trips this year, and my next one is scheduled to Belize in January 2021 with my fellow Scubaboard members. I'm crossing my fingers that in 8 months Belize will be operational again. I really miss diving, but I can patiently wait until the world figures out how to deal with the virus.

Because of the bad behavior of a bunch of live-aboard companies, including my own experience, I will never book a year or two in advance on a live-aboard again. I'll just book the trip, say, within 60-90 days of sailing. For now, I would limit my international travel to distant destinations that require multiple stops and many hours on a plane.

I have been able to avoid COVID-19 and remain well and healthy, and I'm following all the local guidelines for public safety, but life is too short to live in this bubble long term.
You can go diving today 3 hours drive from Tigard right here and quite safely: https://sundrock.com/

Australian and chilean wines are either "big and fat" or " fat and big".

Yes indeed you are correct, "big and fat", as in top of the food chain in the world of fine wines :clapping:

We have everything in France from broad to fruity Loire cab franc wines

You lost me at Fruity Franc wines:outtahere:

I'm a Shiraz man, and Aussie and Chile my friend are the whales tails in that realm

I think you might have to be a subscriber to read this, but here's the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/world/asia/indonesia-coronavirus-surge.html It's worth reading if you can access it. Me? I have a 2-destination trip planned for mid-November and just hoping we can go. I'd consider the flights with an N-95 mask. I just hope Indonesia gets through this and starts figuring out how to reduce the spread. I'm on hold for a Bonaire trip at the end of August - if they'll let us in, I'll probably go. Other than that, not planning anything until we know about a vaccine.

I read the article, it says what I already know...that in Indonesia a lot of people already been infected, like 10% out of thousands in some places, but I think a lot more. A lot of people don't know it, because covid 19 symptoms in 90% of cases are mild like a cold.

In Indonesia a lot of people think if they have corona it means they will die. The government doesn't want to create panic which is understandable. In some places they're using traditional costumes of evil spirits to warn people about corona because a lot of Indonesians are very superstitious

I think out of all countries in the world after covid 19 restrictions, Indonesia will be the safest because they'll probably be the country with the closest thing to herd immunity

I think you might have to be a subscriber to read this, but here's the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/world/asia/indonesia-coronavirus-surge.html It's worth reading if you can access it. Me? I have a 2-destination trip planned for mid-November and just hoping we can go. I'd consider the flights with an N-95 mask. I just hope Indonesia gets through this and starts figuring out how to reduce the spread. I'm on hold for a Bonaire trip at the end of August - if they'll let us in, I'll probably go. Other than that, not planning anything until we know about a vaccine.

‘I’d rather face the virus than let the people die of hunger’: NTT governor to reopen tourist destinations on June 15 | Coconuts Bali

Komodo and Alor will reopen to tourists on June 15

.... not clear how can an (foreigner) tourist go to Alor or Komodo if he is not allowed to enter Indonesia ( Jakarta or Bali ) ....

Perhaps if a foreigner is already in Indonesia I guess.
The article only mentions tourists, so it'll likely mean people that are already in Indonesia...but you never know, there's another article mentioning the same date June 15th, and that Chinese tourists maybe will be allowed to enter

Chinese Tourists Could Return To Bali June 15th - The Bali Sun

The article only mentions tourists, so it'll likely mean people that are already in Indonesia...but you never know, there's another article mentioning the same date June 15th, and that Chinese tourists maybe will be allowed to enter

This was news from a not very high quality newspaper and from 19th April.

This was news from a not very high quality newspaper and from 19th April.

My friend in Indo said he wasn't sure that the Chinese will be allowed back in Bali. I suggested that they're about the only ones that will be able to get a flight. So, ya, there's that . . .

My friend in Indo said he wasn't sure that the Chinese will be allowed back in Bali. I suggested that they're about the only ones that will be able to get a flight. So, ya, there's that . . .
The question is even more or Chinese ( or any other) citizens would be allowed by their government to travel abroad to a country where until now les than 250.000 people have been tested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom