Laminated checklists / labels for tool boxes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's probably just cabin fever, but I've been thinking of adding laminated labels to the outside of my various cases so I can check off what is in them. Does anyone have experience with standard office laminator output in e.g. tropical heat and salt water? Or is there some other thing I can do with just a monochrome laser printer with e.g. printable labels?

depends on how permanent you want to mark it. For something reusable, you can simply laminate a blank piece of paper and use double sided tape to attach it to the case. Use a whiteboard marker on the label, wipe with a bit of alcohol or window wash to clean it after a long time.
Cheap, cheerful and easily replaced if needed

Waterproof Inkjet Vinyl Self-Adhesive Media

I have used this to make stickers for my tanks and dive slate. I do use the clear spray coat to protect from uv and my stickers have held up very well for years.

The link is for a matt finish sheet which is what I pefer. They do have a glossy sheet, but the glossy sheets do run a little when exposed to water unless you spray coat them very well.

I'm not in Canada, so I can't tell what the coversion and shipping costs will be for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom