Seiko inside your divecomputer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to quarrel, but are you sure ? Let me explain, I got the info from Dive Rite dealer in France, the year I bought my Nitek. Anyway, as the old motto goes : errare human est...

Ok I see the problem : we're not talking about the same computer. Once back at home I'll post again a picture of the one I'm thinking about.

Snapshot_20111220ph.jpg

In 1984 while I was stationed overseas in Germany, my father mailed me a Seiko watch. (He also got one for my brother, which is now mine and pictured here.)
I wore mine and dove with it regularly until about six years or so ago. Then it started leaking and the LCD screen stopped working. My brother gave me his identical watch and I've been wearing it daily and diving with it since, including tech dives down to 285ffw, (like I did with my first watch).
I'll keep using this one until it dies and is no longer repairable. I did see where PADI and Seiko made a dive watch in the 80s into the 90s. Maybe that's shown on the links you provided. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Seiko's as they seem to last a long time.
I also have a Nitek HE and 3 that still work.

Seiko watches are a hobby of mine. I have a big beautiful 6309- 7040 dive watch that I've had since the 70s. Extremely accurate, but it doesn't go in the water anymore. I dive with a 7136 Seiko, about 25 years old. Terrific dive watch. I've been tuning and timing my mechanical watches during this semi-housebound period in NJ, and just completed a neat old Seiko Bell Matic alarm wristwatch from the late 60s. It actually has a tiny hammer and bell. I've got it to within only 15 seconds fast each 24 hours, not bad for a 52 year old Seiko.
Snapshot_20111220ph.jpg

Seiko watches are a hobby of mine. I have a big beautiful 6309- 7040 dive watch that I've had since the 70s. Extremely accurate, but it doesn't go in the water anymore. I dive with a 7136 Seiko, about 25 years old. Terrific dive watch. I've been tuning and timing my mechanical watches during this semi-housebound period in NJ, and just completed a neat old Seiko Bell Matic alarm wristwatch from the late 60s. It actually has a tiny hammer and bell. I've got it to within only 15 seconds fast each 24 hours, not bad for a 52 year old Seiko.
i have a Seiko M705-5A1A which i inherited from my father if you are interested.

Attachments

• watch1.jpg
    watch1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 29
  • watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
  • watch3.jpg
    watch3.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 31

Back
Top Bottom