Heavy-duty laundry drying rack for gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, thanks for suggesting. Good for steel BP/W, 7mm wetsuit, regs, hangars, torches, gloves, etc. ??? No rust on wheels, base ??

I haven't seen rust yet, but I don't dive salt either.
In terms of weight...
There are 3x ~7mm wetsuits, 2x 3mm wetsuits, 4x SS backplates, 2x sidemount rigs, 1x kydex plate, a boat coat, and bunch of other misc stuff hanging on there. It didn't seem to notice.
It looks tall, and it's fine for wetsuits, the one hanging down the farthest there is XXL, but my drysuit has a telescoping torso and between that and the feet, it does drag. I fold the legs back and hook them on the crotch strap.

100622417_10163503489395134_2897909203064586240_o.jpg

seen plenty of PVC pipe creations on SB and other places over the years..many that store in plastic tubs and use the tubs as water catches..may work well in apartment.

dsc08991-jpg.383397.jpg
dsc08992-jpg.383399.jpg
989a88e78045d4c8eeabf4219bbf8c44.jpg
scuba-rack-jpg.131958.jpg

I haven't seen rust yet, but I don't dive salt either.
In terms of weight...
There are 3x ~7mm wetsuits, 2x 3mm wetsuits, 4x SS backplates, 2x sidemount rigs, 1x kydex plate, a boat coat, and bunch of other misc stuff hanging on there. It didn't seem to notice.
It looks tall, and it's fine for wetsuits, the one hanging down the farthest there is XXL, but my drysuit has a telescoping torso and between that and the feet, it does drag. I fold the legs back and hook them on the crotch strap.

View attachment 588553

EXACTLY what i needed to see :). Thanks again !!!!

Hi all,

I've been using a standard laundry drying rack for drying my equipment. Recently it hasn't been looking so hot- it's starting to list over to one side (see pic). I guess the weight of all the gear has finally taken its toll. Does anyone have a heavy-duty laundry drying rack they can recommend?

View attachment 588176

FM...

Never used a ''rack'' of any description...if you have a balcony in your unit...string up a line/buy some dive gear hangers...and hang everything vertically from the line...

Just looking at your rack...items like boots/gloves will never dry properly...and if they don't dry thoroughly...your apartment will start smelling like a mushroom farm...@davehicks additional shower bar will work better than your rack...but indoor ventilation...even with fans running is not the best...and plastic tubs/PVC tubing hanger systems...just add to your already limited storage problems...

W...

Over the years, I've tried any number of things, including a Rube Goldberg PVC construction, similar to some set-ups on this thread; a collapse-prone bamboo dryer and a commercial rack, salvaged from the local garment district -- which rusted all to hell.

While my current solution is is of little help to apartment dweller -- I too did my time -- I ended up suspending a 2" dowel from lengths of gangion, from the rafters of my garage.

Pardon the current mess. Cleaning it up is part of my continued semi-house arrest . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 193
Sorry for reviving an old thread but... living in a country where my garage has freezing temperatures for months a year I do struggle to get my gear dried. I've been trying with the idea of getting a heated drying cabinet. They are basically a fridge like cabinet with a fan and heater, can be set to for example 40 deg C on a timer.

Any issues with using this for my gear? Primarily it would be the drysuit and my rebreather counterlungs, but guess I'd use it for more if I do get it.

I'm aware of the DC-fan issue (ozone) but AC should be OK?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom