Deep 6 Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I've been following this board for a while but recently decided to become a member. Covid 19 has changed my typical travel and will now be diving in cold water for the foreseeable future. My work schedule doesnt align with most people so if I want to dive during my time off I need to be dependant on myself and take up solo diving. My question is, what are the most reliable regs for sidemount? I'm looking at the apeks/scubapro/deep 6 regs at the moment. Kind of leaning towards the deep 6 so I can service them easily on my own (I live in a small community and do not have time to ship my regs for service between trips). Do you recommend deep 6, and if so, do you have a discount code I can use?

Welcome.

Sidemount does not place any extra demands on reliability. The most convenient first stages to use are those with a rotating turret and 5th port. You do not NEED either, but they give you more hose routing options and can let the hoses be tidier.

I really like my Deep6 signature regs for sidemount. I also have a SP mk25 that I use. No appreciable difference in ease of use in the water. Deep6 are nice in being sealed (as are the Apeks). I freshwater spray my gear before I leave the site but sealed is one fewer worry. Beyond salt, it keeps grit out as well. The self service is definitely a plus, though it takes tools etc. No code that I know of, they occasionally have sales. All my interactions with them have been great.

Shipping them off and letting the magic postal system return a serviced reg to you may be easier than learning to service them yourself, but it is a good thing to know. If your trip turnaround and dive rate is that fast, you might get three firsts to have one spare. Seconds are easy to service quickly but firsts are more complex. Service Manual

Hi All,

I've been following this board for a while but recently decided to become a member. Covid 19 has changed my typical travel and will now be diving in cold water for the foreseeable future. My work schedule doesnt align with most people so if I want to dive during my time off I need to be dependant on myself and take up solo diving. My question is, what are the most reliable regs for sidemount? I'm looking at the apeks/scubapro/deep 6 regs at the moment. Kind of leaning towards the deep 6 so I can service them easily on my own (I live in a small community and do not have time to ship my regs for service between trips). Do you recommend deep 6, and if so, do you have a discount code I can use?

reliability is complicated. Regulators are serviced prematurely by the industry standards and most all regulators will not fail in any reasonable time. There are still some of the prototype Deep6 regulators out there from ~5ish years ago that haven't been serviced yet and have well over 1000 dives.
I do recommend Deep6.
No real discount codes that I know, but if you send @LandonL a message on here, he may have one for 5% off.

For sidemount I would get DIN connectors, not Yoke. The valve area has enough going on with valve knob, first stage, hoses, boltsnap leash and bungee; adding another knob on the back of the valve does not help things. Also ideally tanks with a modular valve, the extension bit is good for looping the bungee on. Welcome to sidemount.

I don't have much to add beyond what's already been said. I have hundreds of dives on my 2 Deep 6 regs, almost all in cold water. Nothing but love for these regs. Great price, easy to work on, reliable, breath like butter.... etc., etc.

I have 90+ dives on my Deep 6 first stage. No issues. Have bought more. (Nothing new, just another post of a positive experience.)

Back
Top Bottom