When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Point being, medical evacuation is very expensive. Expect to pay $25 to 50k USD.
The trip insurance I take from TravelSafe.com anytime I leave the US provides up to $1,000,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Moral Remains, and I cannot find any exclusions for pandemic, epidemic, or infection to it or the $100K medical coverage. See attached

Attachments

• TravelSafe Classic (TX).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 157
I think that DAN has done a world class marketing job on a grossly inferior product.
Which product? I guess you mean their trip insurance? They contract various insurance plans from outside sources because members asked them to, but their dive insurance is the only one I've been impressed with.

Thank you for your email and interest in DRESSEL DIVERS.

We have received confirmation that Iberostar Cancun and the Iberostar Paraiso Resort (30 min North of Playa del Carmen) will reopen on the 29th June and we will reopen that dive center along with that hotel.

For Cozumel, we have been informed that the Iberostar will reopen in November.

We have not yet received official confirmation that the Marine Park will reopen in June. They were actually aiming for July but I cannot confirm at this point. We are also checking on different options to see if we could open independently of the Iberostar but also to be confirm.

It would be interesting to hear from @Christi or @Dave Dillehay or any other shop owner what, if anything, the shops are being told. I find the, "They were aiming for July", comment interesting.

The Riviera Maya will be one of the first destinations to receive the Global Safety Stamp.

Cancun, QRoo.- The state government announced that Cancun and the Mexican Caribbean will become the first destination on the American Continent (along with Saudi Arabia, Barcelona, Portugal and Seville) to receive the Global Safety Stamp ) to be delivered by the World Travel and Tourism Council ( WTTC ) to destinations that adopt its standards to ensure the hygiene of establishments and measures to protect the health of travelers.

Caribe mexicano, de los primeros destinos en AL con sello de seguridad del WTTC

The Riviera Maya will be one of the first destinations to receive the Global Safety Stamp.

Caribe mexicano, de los primeros destinos en AL con sello de seguridad del WTTC

:rofl3:

Back when I had a landscaping company, I used to get these emails - "You've been nominated Best of Landscaping", please send $50 to PO Box xxx and we'll send you your award so that you can proudly display it. One of the knuckleheads in our area actually paid for it and had it displayed on his website - I see he's changed it now though. I wonder if something similar to that happened here!!

:rofl3:

Back when I had a landscaping company, I used to get these emails - "You've been nominated Best of Landscaping", please send $50 to PO Box xxx and we'll send you your award so that you can proudly display it. One of the knuckleheads in our area actually paid for it and had it displayed on his website - I see he's changed it now though. I wonder if something similar to that happened here!!
Anything that helps get tourists back and spending money should be good news to most locals.

According to the Qintana Roo government report, the launch of the secure travel stamp has the full support of the World Tourism Organization ( UNWTO ) and more than 200 CEOs of the main business groups in the sector around the world.

"This distinction will provide travelers with confidence about hygiene and sanitation standards in establishments and companies, such as hotels, restaurants, airlines, airports and cruises, among other activities related to tourism," they add.

The report indicates that Gloria Guevara Manzo , President and CEO of the WTTC , stated that “we are very excited, since the first destinations to receive the seal will be Cancun, which is a world-class tourist center, along with Saudi Arabia who chairs the group. of tourism of the G20, Barcelona, Portugal and Seville; they are all world-class destinations that have endorsed the seal by implementing safe travel protocols. ”

Anything that helps get tourists back and spending money should be good news to most locals.

I’m retired so shiney objects don’t impress me anymore but that may change!!

I am really all for the success of this island, this area, this country but most of all the great people here. To say I am disappointed with the way this has been handled here is an understatement, these people deserve a chance at life and I feel it’s being sucked out of them.

Wow!! I bet if they take that into Starbucks with $2.50US, they'll get a small cup of coffee!!

[Sorry, couldn't resist. Already had the 3rd cocktail of the evening. See sig for more details.]

Wow!! I bet if they take that into Starbucks with $2.50US, they'll get a small cup of coffee!!

[Sorry, couldn't resist. Already had the 3rd cocktail of the evening. See sig for more details.]
Yeah, it sounds contrived and hokey, but if it gets more people to come down to the RM to spend money instead of going to Vegas/etc, it's a good thing.

The trip insurance I take from TravelSafe.com anytime I leave the US provides up to $1,000,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Moral Remains, and I cannot find any exclusions for pandemic, epidemic, or infection to it or the $100K medical coverage. See attached

TravelSafe Classsic and Arch RoamRight are similar.

I did find TravelSafe a bit easier to read.

Using the same parameters, eg. age, duration of the trip etc. TravelSafe was $48.00, and Arch RoamRight was $32.00.

I'll stay with the Arch policy as I think the limits will meet any possible need, and I do prefer that the medical coverage is secondary rather than primary. Absolute, horrific worst case scenario, my OOP would be $50.00.

Same scenario with TravelSafe as the primary, I'd exhaust the coverage with them, then have to deal with co-pays and deductibles with my "regular" carrier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom