so I ****** up...help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogbone

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
so, I recently got a new analox analyser...was super excited...in my excitement...I plugged the sensor into the cable before I screwed it in...immediately realizing my error...I went to unplug it so I could screw it in...long story short, in my zeal...I pulled a cable out of the connector...FML....yes yes, I know, dont pull on the cable to get the connector out...should of known better :(

anyways, question is...does anyone know what kind of connector / crimper I need to fix this? I need a new connector that goes into the oxygen sensor, and the crimping tool to make a new one I think...

I tried reaching out to the manufacturer...they have yet to respond back

thanks for any help you can offer

Did the pin come out with the wire, or did the wire pull free from the pin?

It always stinks to buy a tool you'll never use again to fix one screwup. If you happen to already have a soldering iron, I would be tempted to buy a molex plug with a lead on it already, and solder it on to the wires, instead of buying the crimping tool.

But that Molex kit on silent explorers is cheap. If you still have the soldering iron, I would also be tempted to use that repair kit, and make the crimps with some needle nose pliers.

Glad you are using an o2 analyzer yourself, and changing the sensors! Just be a tiny bit more careful next time but I've broken the molex connectors atleast once myself...

Did the pin come out with the wire, or did the wire pull free from the pin?

It always stinks to buy a tool you'll never use again to fix one screwup. If you happen to already have a soldering iron, I would be tempted to buy a molex plug with a lead on it already, and solder it on to the wires, instead of buying the crimping tool.

But that Molex kit on silent explorers is cheap. If you still have the soldering iron, I would also be tempted to use that repair kit, and make the crimps with some needle nose pliers.

Glad you are using an o2 analyzer yourself, and changing the sensors! Just be a tiny bit more careful next time but I've broken the molex connectors atleast once myself...

just the wire pulled free...i'm not sure that's the right kit though...the connector is super small and just 2 prong...and OMG...why are crimpers so expensive!? o_O ALL YOU DO IS PUSH ON A THING CRIMPER!!! >.<

I'm not familiar with Analox sensors, but does the o2 sensor have a wire coming out from itself, with the plug on the end of that wire, and you connect it to PCB?

I'm used to using sensors where the PCB has the wiring, and it plugs in to a board on the sensor.

Anyways, does this look more like it? Keep in mind that in their first photos, they have a mated pair of male and female connectors. Look at the last photos to see them separated to compare.
Molex Jumper 2 Wire Assembly - PRT-09918 - SparkFun Electronics

The generic crimp type you'll want to hunt for is an "open barrel crimper." Crimpers in general cost entirely too much, try pricing crimp tools for Amphenol pins, when generic ones run $300+.

If your wire is 20AWG or smaller, these should work.
If you're 24AWG or larger, these should work for less money.

If you only expect to use them once, buying crimpers may not make sense, but that's a call only you can make.

Just read through the Analox manual, which I would recommend doing for any new equipment. It specifies that the connector is a JST 2 pin.

Just read through the Analox manual, which I would recommend doing for any new equipment. It specifies that the connector is a JST 2 pin.
Yeah, I had read through the getting started manual briefly when I got it, didn't have anything about disconnecting the sensor though... After I saw there's a more detailed version somewhere... Haven't read that yet

So would something like this work you think yo fix it?
Qibaok Crimping Tool Kit Ratcheting Crimper with 1550PCS 2.54mm Dupont Connectors and 760pcs 2.54mm JST-XH Connectors for AWG 26-20(0.1-0.5mm²) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZK5F8HP/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_V5PZEb0T9Z7PF

Back
Top Bottom