Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else booked for August or later?

We've got a hotel package for Marsa Alam this coming October with TUI. As far as the TUI are concerned it's still going ahead.
We've paid the deposit but have to wait to see what the govt guidance is by then. Thankfully we will (should) get our money back if it's cancelled. If we cancel the trip ourselves now we won't get our money back because we booked before March.
Just got to wait and see.
The UK Govt are currently saying anyone coming into the UK have to self-isolate for 2 weeks. That could be an issue if that's still in place cos our kids need to go to school. Not sure what we'll do in that case!!

So, Egypt is slowly re-opening hotels, for local guests and first with 25% and one month later with 50% occupancy and several other restrictions.
Full article including the list of 78 hotels >>> here <<<

I just rescheduled the trip I was supposed to take this week for November. Maybe that is optimistic, but hopefully they let me reschedule again if Egypt closes again.

I've seen pictures of people I know on a liveaboard this week.... I won't give the link to them, as they went out of a country closed for coronavirus, they could have some problems.

Tourism is back again (slowly)...

Very good point. We are booked for August 12-23 but all the "ifs" are piling up and I'm considering postponing for a year when -IF- a vaccine is available for 8 billion people by then. Anyone else booked for August or later?

I'm booked for August. It's a reschedule from a canceled May trip. I leave Hawaii August 5th. Two weeks on a LoB. Home August 26th. (The flights take three days from here)

Given the flights will be >= $2k just to get over the pond, I think we will be re-scheduling for next year. There is just too much uncertainty right now, hopefully things improve by fall 2021.

Yes, i know. I'm quoting myself...:cool:

I wonder if that visa waiver is country wide? That's fantastic.

Not many hotels in Cairo meet the hygiene standards. That's a handy list from your previous article. Thank you. I fly through Cairo and will stay at one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom