When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's right. My Arch RoamRight Preferred, ($55.00 for our 12 day trip), will provide transportation to a suitable hospital if there isn't one locally, with a cap of $500,000. Also includes secondary insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000 with a whopping deductible of $50.00.

BTW, diving is covered provided depth does not exceed 130'.

As someone that has gone down this road - unless you have very deep pockets and can cover medical costs until reimbursement - speak with the hospitals here and see what insurance they actually take without you covering the upfront costs - been waiting six months for 50k......

Don’t get me wrong, it’s doable but some you cover and some they take.

Life flight to the nearest airport in the us was quoted at 32k that night, stabilization to make it to the flight was about 20k - needs paid or payment guaranteed before they touch you.

Not yet. I'd love to spend the winter diving in Cozumel but I can't see how it would be possible. International travel restrictions won't be lifted for tourists by then in any scenario I can imagine.

You can fly here today - American stopped flights from May 25 till June 3 - there has never been a restriction on air travel, they have and will issue tourists visas - seen it first hand.

I got a report this AM of cancun hotel pushing opening to July 29th and Coz hotel pushing opening to November.

finally accepting reality?

The funny thing is, Cozumel is not the problem, the mainland is. The small problem here could easily be stomped out if they’d just **** the place down for two weeks.

The government eyes are on Cancun, Cozumel is a side show to them it seems.

got this today. reopening 2 centers in late june and one in july

Quality DIVING & SNORKELING with Dressel Divers

Thank you for your email and interest in DRESSEL DIVERS.

We have received confirmation that Iberostar Cancun and the Iberostar Paraiso Resort (30 min North of Playa del Carmen) will reopen on the 29th June and we will reopen that dive center along with that hotel.

For Cozumel, we have been informed that the Iberostar will reopen in November.

We have not yet received official confirmation that the Marine Park will reopen in June. They were actually aiming for July but I cannot confirm at this point. We are also checking on different options to see if we could open independently of the Iberostar but also to be confirm.

As someone that has gone down this road - unless you have very deep pockets and can cover medical costs until reimbursement - speak with the hospitals here and see what insurance they actually take without you covering the upfront costs - been waiting six months for 50k......

If I may ask, who's your insurer?

"Coz is a ways from the border by car."

haha. so true.

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom