Hose routing for backmount doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20190402_090539-jpg.588038
20190402_090539.jpg

Attachments

• 20190402_090539.jpg
    20190402_090539.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 98
I currently dive a single, but since this is a general doubles theme, I have a question.

If using and Apeks FSR, with a 5th port.

You can basically rout them like this.
IMG_20200525_224434.jpg

Where the hoses are
1. Long hose (on 5th port)
2. Inflator
3. Short hose
4. Dry suit valve (on 5th pott)
5. Spg

Is this a logical way of routing? It looks like it would have least kinks into the routing.

Nitpicky but for educational purposes, necklaced backup hose should be above the inflator, not below

You can't be any more nitpicky than mistaken...for educational purposes...

I currently dive a single, but since this is a general doubles theme, I have a question.

If using and Apeks FSR, with a 5th port.

You can basically rout them like this.
View attachment 588064

Where the hoses are
1. Long hose (on 5th port)
2. Inflator
3. Short hose
4. Dry suit valve (on 5th pott)
5. Spg

Is this a logical way of routing? It looks like it would have least kinks into the routing.

Your short hose 3, goes on fifth port. Your inflation hose 4 goes on another low pressure port.

I posted a picture way back and the beginning of this thread, another guy posted another picture a few posts above this. Both your regulators will be on at an angle but that’s good - clean routing of the hoses

Thanks for the reply, any reason why the short hose and dry suit inflator should switch.

I'm asking since on the example you posted the HP port is on top, and the LP on bottom, while on the FSR it's reversed.
The HP is on the bottom and angled, while the LP ports are on the top, which should theoretcaly give a nice and straight line for the necklace. while he inflator goes behind the wing and below the arm from the 5th port at the bottom
Apeks-XTX200%20FSR.png

Thanks for the reply, any reason why the short hose and dry suit inflator should switch.

I'm asking since on the example you posted the HP port is on top, and the LP on bottom, while on the FSR it's reversed.
The HP is on the bottom and angled, while the LP ports are on the top, which should theoretcaly give a nice and straight line for the necklace. while he inflator goes behind the wing and below the arm from the 5th port at the bottom
View attachment 588077

I would think you could run that high pressure port up top, rotate the regulator 180 degrees to keep it more protected. I assume four low pressure and two highs, it’s what you have, I’d think it’ll work - don’t know about GUE acceptance and I don’t dive doubles enough to say yes or no, it’s easy to say maybe.....

You need clean hose routing, you need to satisfy all your low pressure needs and one high pressure. You need to effectively be able to do valve drills. Aside from that, what your training agency requires.....

Here's how I had my FSRs with 5th ports setup.
Worked great for me, it looks like the stages could get in the way of valve drills in the picture but it's mostly because of the perspective.
Quite the opposite I found their placement pretty helpful as you could grab onto them and "walk" with your hand from there backwards to the valve if you needed an extra push to reach them.

POkghvG.jpg

Sweet. Any reason why you didn't do it the opposite way?

Because only thing it bothers me is the high pressure hose has a bit if a kink.

If it's not thoublesome and you're bored, do you mind setting it up like in the drawing?

5th port long hose, and the inflator on the rigth side LP, and on the left side, short hose on the left side LP, and inflator on the 5th port.AAnd the stages slightly angled inwards.

Just for comparison sake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom