When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The medical infrastructure of Cozumel is such that I don't know how well it can survive with a huge influx of patients, and knowing that if I may have potentially played a role in that collapse is something I struggle with, especially when I weigh that against my reason to go there.

This is the most crucial issue. Cozumel's medical infrastructure could struggle to handle just local cases, even before any tourists are added to the mix.

This is the most crucial issue. Cozumel's medical infrastructure could struggle to handle just local cases, even before any tourists are added to the mix.

I had a weird thought about that - tourist comes here for seven days, catches the big on day three and never shows symptoms till they get home.....

Way to complex and evil to be a part of the plan.....

Wow. That sounds unbelievable.

If I wasn't living through it, I'm not sure I would believe it.

Why would you sneeze on old shop workers with underlying medical conditions? Seems rude, even if there wasn't a virus going around.
Have you not sent the photos of how far a sneeze spreads without a mask? Six feet is a safe distance for breathing, not sneezing. I have no plans to stop wearing one.

My fear is that if I get sick on the island from Covid I'd be trapped there as I'd not be allowed to travel home for treatment. And I'm not sure of the quality of treatment in the Coz hospital aside from the costs.

My fear is that if I get sick on the island from Covid I'd be trapped there as I'd not be allowed to travel home for treatment. And I'm not sure of the quality of treatment in the Coz hospital aside from the costs.

You get the right hospital with the right insurance coverage, you'd be fine. Locals aren't filling up the private hospitals.

You get the right hospital with the right insurance coverage, you'd be fine. Locals aren't filling up the private hospitals.

That's right. My Arch RoamRight Preferred, ($55.00 for our 12 day trip), will provide transportation to a suitable hospital if there isn't one locally, with a cap of $500,000. Also includes secondary insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000 with a whopping deductible of $50.00.

BTW, diving is covered provided depth does not exceed 130'.

I got a report this AM of cancun hotel pushing opening to July 29th and Coz hotel pushing opening to November.

finally accepting reality?

Not yet. I'd love to spend the winter diving in Cozumel but I can't see how it would be possible. International travel restrictions won't be lifted for tourists by then in any scenario I can imagine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom