Who wants to go diving Sunday 5-24-2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I am also sorry to hear that. Sending positive thoughts for the next trip.

DW

I couldn't do the dive. I couldn't walk 20 yards geared up before my hips started to burn and I felt like I couldn't breath enough. So I sat on the rocks down by the water in my wet suit with my mask and fins watching the dive flag and being sort of a standby in case Scuba-74 needed help for some reason. Scuba-74 said he had about 10-12' vis. and enjoyed the dive.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Must have been really frustrating. Gear is always is twice as heavy at the beginning of the season. Getting down to the water in full Rig at that site is a PIA. Plenty of other good sites with easier access. Kings beach would have been a better choice, maybe.

Next time we dive, we’ll gear you up in the water. Diving, once you are in the water, is great PT.

I couldn't do the dive. I couldn't walk 20 yards geared up before my hips started to burn and I felt like I couldn't breath enough. So I sat on the rocks down by the water in my wet suit with my mask and fins watching the dive flag and being sort of a standby in case Scuba-74 needed help for some reason. Scuba-74 said he had about 10-12' vis. and enjoyed the dive.

I did really enjoy it and a conversation after. And much appreciate your offer to wait on shore and tips for navigating it. It is slightly intimidating the first time.

Temp was 50 at 43 feet. Marine life much more abundant than at Cape Ann lately. Togs, flounder, and one skate swam right under me.

Attachments

• 1BC2894E-3FB9-4DDB-BBD1-91CAC7923F68.jpeg
    1BC2894E-3FB9-4DDB-BBD1-91CAC7923F68.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 661F946D-9EF1-4CD6-894C-1AFA3D6FEC0A.jpeg
    661F946D-9EF1-4CD6-894C-1AFA3D6FEC0A.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 70
I did really enjoy it and a conversation after. And much appreciate your offer to wait on shore and tips for navigating it. It is slightly intimidating the first time.

Temp was 50 at 43 feet. Marine life much more abundant than at Cape Ann lately. Togs, flounder, and one skate swam right under me.

I enjoyed our meeting and look forward to actually diving with you next time! You had the right idea, we or at least I should have brought the heavy gear down the rocks piecemeal and assembled and donned it at the water. Then I could've have just fallen into the water! :) I'm glad you were forgiving of an old fool that over estimate his ability.
Hey buddy you're in an very small group of people that can say they dove Beavertail solo the 1st time there. I don't know if I know anyone else that has done that. I know I didn't.

@CT-Rich 1st thanks, yes it was frustrating, embarrassing, humiliating and sobering. I had a lot of time to reflect sitting on those rocks and how my diving is going to change whether I like it or not. There is probably a lot more kayaking diving in my future, and maybe more solo night diving at FTW and Kings Beach. As you know FTW isn't that bad at night with the limited range of a light the vis usually looks better than during the day; (Self delusion is part of getting old) :wink:

If it hadn't been for the holiday weekend Kings Beach would have been the dive site as the ENE winds favored that site as well. I was concerned about the amount of people there'd be at Beavertail Sunday and it was pretty busy.
Next time I shore dive it's either there or Little Compton. Although Little Compton may turn into a yak dive.

So far I've been able to handle life's curveballs but diving, that's just so much a part of who I am that it's like seeing part of me slipping away. It's not like I haven't known this was coming.

I used to be denial about my limits, then those joint surgeries caught up with me. For now at least some shore sites are off limits.

I used to be denial about my limits, then those joint surgeries caught up with me. For now at least some shore sites are off limits.

I was able to bull my thru for about 10 years but this year for whatever reason(s) it's catching up with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom