Long-hose in the time of COVID-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably should wear a helmet and firesuit for the drive to the dive site - you never know

I think hard clipping anything that is intended for an emergency is a bad idea - there's all sorts of devices available as an alternative - I use magnets.

I think most teams, unless they are specifically practicing gas sharing, will go with option 3.

The other option to make it faster to donate is to use what sidemount divers use, a bolt snap that is setup so you can pull it off in an emergency. Not like octo holders, as they stay on the reg unless in an emergency you can't unclip.

The other option to make it faster to donate is to use what sidemount divers use, a bolt snap that is setup so you can pull it off in an emergency. Not like octo holders, as they stay on the reg unless in an emergency you can't unclip.

You mean something like this?

Hose Clip Retainer | Dive Gear Express®

This policy change begs the question: Does the long hose have to be so long if one is in OW? Perhaps 40" long to cut risk of entanglement?

Back
Top Bottom