HP 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only downside to these E9791 3500 tanks (opposed to the 9791-3442 psi series) is they are DIN only [snip]
I actually have a couple of convertible 232/yoke-capable manifolds for mine that I fell into - truly right place, right time. Pretty much unicorns, I don't know who made them, and I wouldn't begin to know where to get more.

Unfortunately, if your tanks are 3500 psi and not 3442, the convertible manifold will not fit them. The neck threads on the 3500 tanks are not compatible with yoke/DIN 232 bar valves.

@Can't Talk ... Diving, Repeat after me ... U - ni - corns!! :wink:

Q2jlnWEXNE5EaZeGQA3HSyV-SLe04y_-dxbnaxqUfCFf6-uItove0OmvEQqAxim1v6et-0_27CEyxCQjK=w1882-h1059-no.jpg

yj8LbVi4NG4SBR8K9mJaRG71S-HIefLCufhDgGrw47q-CmMZKZeRJVuD-i8SDNRz20I0PzCK0jacBMfYf=w1882-h1059-no.jpg

pcGtLuERmbLm218Gn-AQibIP_mpcwr31REr-GQNCvwh8h-rfm61lEf6xhzmjmkFAjKSIplWnocNJUPYhwU=w848-h1505-no.jpg

Unfortunately, if your tanks are 3500 psi and not 3442, the convertible manifold will not fit them. The neck threads on the 3500 tanks are not compatible with yoke/DIN 232 bar valves.

Mines got a 300bar Din but has the dip on the back of it for yoke. Guy told me I just need the insert but the special 300bar one has more threads

Mines got a 300bar Din but has the dip on the back of it for yoke. Guy told me I just need the insert but the special 300bar one has more threads
300 Bar valves have a longer "snout" to contain 2 more threads. The inserts, which seal to the valve on face at the bottom of the thread-well will be recessed due to the additional threaded depth. I've never seen longer inserts for 300Bar to yoke since I'm pretty sure that the yoke won't fit over the extra-long 300Bar snout. The snout depth and recess prevent the yoke from fitting over and/or seating.

I’m 6’4” and love my e-7 3442 XSscuba (PST) 120, hot dipped galvanized. Best tank ever made next to all my vintage steel 72’s. I know they don’t relate but 72’s have a charm that is hard to explain.
The length of the 120 is perfect and I like the skinnier profile.
I wish I could find one or two more.

I am able to find PST HP 120's, in hydro, here in SoCal sometimes. Typically cost in the $100 - $175 range. Would you be willing to come down here to get them if I find some?

I'm 6 foot and dive with double 120s and single 120s with no problems

I am able to find PST HP 120's, in hydro, here in SoCal sometimes. Typically cost in the $100 - $175 range. Would you be willing to come down here to get them if I find some?
Heck yeah!
I could tie in some business while I’m down there too.

Back
Top Bottom