Who wants to go diving Sunday 5-24-2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested, but I have MA plates. Is that an issue these days?
I have an 80.

Maybe, by the book unless your going to work, grocery store, pharmacy, or Dr. You have to quarantine for 14 days. However a lot of LOE are not enforcing it unless your doing something stupid. So a mean cop could get you but most probably won't.

@Scuba-74 I think it's more like @formernuke posted, although taking up a parking spot maybe enough, who knows?! I went to Jamestown this AM and found only one parking lot on the West side of Bearvertail opened. At FTW the lower lot is closed boat ramp and all but the upper lot is still open so, FTW Point, the wharf and Bull point are still acessible. The lower lot may open tomorrow or maybe today, I heard Gina say all boat ramps are open this weekend! IMO out of state people should sit this weekend out and see how things go looking towards next weekend.

In other words you don't want me to come for a dive on Sunday? :)

I'm fine either way.

Well, I'll tell up straight with the way the rules are I'm concerned there could be a way I'd wind up in a 14 day quarantine by contact with an out of state person.

Regardless this is a holiday weekend and parking is going to be limited and crowds probably big; it's the reason I'm not doing Newport even though Sunday is probably going to be a fine diving day off Newport.

That being said if you'd like to make the dive with me, high tide is 9:45AM, we should be in the water by 9:30AM, I'll be there about 8:00AM. We can ride what's left of the incoming tide, enjoy the slack and ride the outgoing tide back to the egress.

If your car gets pushed off the cliff I'll get you home! :)

Reactions: EdC
Have fun and post pics

They'll only be pictures of gearing up and ungearing. I'm not taking my camera, strobe and V light down those rocks and then back up! Heck I fell and broke a strobe tray getting to the road at Green Bridge! When I read your post I had a mental flash of the whole rig tumbling a$$ over tea kettle down the rocks and into the water.
Sunday will be the metal detector.

Reactions: EdC
Then find cool stuff

Well, I'll tell up straight with the way the rules are I'm concerned there could be a way I'd wind up in a 14 day quarantine by contact with an out of state person.

Regardless this is a holiday weekend and parking is going to be limited and crowds probably big; it's the reason I'm not doing Newport even though Sunday is probably going to be a fine diving day off Newport.

That being said if you'd like to make the dive with me, high tide is 9:45AM, we should be in the water by 9:30AM, I'll be there about 8:00AM. We can ride what's left of the incoming tide, enjoy the slack and ride the outgoing tide back to the egress.

If your car gets pushed off the cliff I'll get you home! :)

I've spent some time reading headlines on out-of-state travel to RI, seems like all the restrictive stuff dates back to March and April, and all the May news are mostly on the reopening and don't differentiate between states.

I'm very curious about diving that site, so I'll show up if you don't mind. I didn't really get the ride the outgoing tide back part, but I'll figure it out. If we stay 6 feet apart on the surface I'm optimistic we'll survive. So you are thinking 1 smallish tank? I'll bring my 80 if so.

Flags required I assume?

I've spent some time reading headlines on out-of-state travel to RI, seems like all the restrictive stuff dates back to March and April, and all the May news are mostly on the reopening and don't differentiate between states.

I'm very curious about diving that site, so I'll show up if you don't mind. I didn't really get the ride the outgoing tide back part, but I'll figure it out. If we stay 6 feet apart on the surface I'm optimistic we'll survive. So you are thinking 1 smallish tank? I'll bring my 80 if so.

Flags required I assume?

I don't mind at all! :) If we start our dive before the high tide ebbs (stops coming in) we'll have about 30-45 min. of slack period before the tide starts flowing back out. If we ride the end of the incoming tide at the start, we get to ride the start of the low tide back.
I'm diving wet, not going to get much time anyway, dry suit too much of a hassle.

I have a yellowish Subaru wagon go to the only open lot on your right as you drive in. See you there!

I don't mind at all! :) If we start our dive before the high tide ebbs (stops coming in) we'll have about 30-45 min. of slack period before the tide starts flowing back out. If we ride the end of the incoming tide at the start, we get to ride the start of the low tide back.
I'm diving wet, not going to get much time anyway, dry suit too much of a hassle.

I have a yellowish Subaru wagon go to the only open lot on your right as you drive in. See you there!

just saw the part about diving wet. I’m not doing that tomorrow just FYI :)

just saw the part about diving wet. I’m not doing that tomorrow just FYI :)

OK I've got a flag by the way. Also went by FTW today STILL CLOSED!

Back
Top Bottom