Conception

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got more questions now. Do you stop and don your coat and shoes in an emergency situation? Do you not try to get everyone up and at it and out? Did the group in their coats and shoes, inadvertently have something to do with the fire? Had they been above earlier, perhaps in between the crewmember checking the galley and returning upstairs? Was the sound he heard of someone falling actually the sound of someone falling?

I've got more questions now. Do you stop and don your coat and shoes in an emergency situation? Do you not try to get everyone up and at it and out? Did the group in their coats and shoes, inadvertently have something to do with the fire? Had they been above earlier, perhaps in between the crewmember checking the galley and returning upstairs? Was the sound he heard of someone falling actually the sound of someone falling?
This. That actually raises a lot more questions for me as well. I could maybe see grabbing a cell phone or flashlight if it were at my bedside, but taking the time to don jackets, shoes, etc. makes it seem like there was a lot more time and/or a lot less of a perceived emergency at the beginning of the incident.

I to have many more questions and concerns. If I recall correctly I believe some of the deceased were recovered outside the vessel. That always struck me as odd.

This. That actually raises a lot more questions for me as well. I could maybe see grabbing a cell phone or flashlight if it were at my bedside, but taking the time to don jackets, shoes, etc. makes it seem like there was a lot more time and/or a lot less of a perceived emergency at the beginning of the incident.

Consider the people who when a plane has crashed, grab their carryon. I’ve seen video of a plane crash in recent years where people walked away from the crash and had their carryon roller bag with them!

Consider the people who when a plane has crashed, grab their carryon. I’ve seen video of a plane crash in recent years where people walked away from the crash and had their carryon roller bag with them!
lol.. I guess that makes sense. Maybe they weren't quite as rushed in trying to get out as I originally thought so there was some thought of "it might be cold on deck or in an inflatable so I'll grab my jacket", etc. I guess I was under the impression originally that most/all of the passengers succumbed to smoke inhalation in their sleep and never even knew there was an issue.

I to have many more questions and concerns. If I recall correctly I believe some of the deceased were recovered outside the vessel. That always struck me as odd.

The boat flipped upside down when it sank. The deck/cabin structure had burned away. Very easy in my mind for some bodies to have fallen out when the boat flipped since the structure was gone.

The boat flipped upside down when it sank. The deck/cabin structure had burned away. Very easy in my mind for some bodies to have fallen out when the boat flipped since the structure was gone.
Yes but I also read where some bodies were recovered, floating. The Ventura Tow Vessel. I believe this was prior to the sinking & flipping.

Wouldn't divers be more likely to be trying to get to their equipment rather than street clothes?

I find all this quite confusing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom