Your favourite Cozumel dive site, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...I was hunting lionfish and backtracked a lateral of a swim through at about 90', wide but limited in height.

Speaking of Lionfish spots,

Another favorite that comes to mind on the Aldora Adventure excursion north of the island, is the one I believe they call Gato's Reef. It is a large area with rolling topography and low/no current, tons of shallow winding overhangs, and pristine fields of standing soft corals. This entire system is prime a Lionfish hunting, and the untouched beauty of the place always blows me away.

On the south end of the Cathedral coral head one day (about 6 years back) I was hunting lionfish and backtracked a lateral of a swim through at about 90', wide but limited in height. Worked my way in without disturbing the heavy silt and about 40' back and found a vertical about 30" in diameter and I could see a chamber below about 10' down. Down I went, in the small chamber moved about 6' west and found another vertical tube same thing chamber about 10' down in that chamber I found a tube going down and I could see a light glow. In I went, when I popped out it was absolutely perfect visibility on a stunning day at 135' on a breathtaking virgin wall.

Yup... You are one Crazy MOFO Gary! To go where no sane person has gone before. :wink:

Anyplace without the boring swim through's...

Palancar Bricks. Giant pillars of coral and larger sea life. Big Grouper, Barracuda, Sea Turtles and the abyss just off to the left.. Beautiful. Can't wait to see it again!

Back
Top Bottom