Mares X-Free vs Aqualung Micro Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All:

Would like to replace my aging Aqualung Micro masks, which don't come cheap at near $120.00 a piece. Saw photos of the Mares X-Free Mask, which looks remarkably identical to the Aqualung Micro mask and comes in at half the price. Has anyone tried both of these? Are they the same mask, with a different logo from the same OEM manufacturer?

Thanks,
O.

When getting a re mask couple of month back, I've tried the Micro mask, x-free and cressi nano/calibro.

They're pretty much more or less the same with minor changes in fit. Which for my face, Aqualung was the least comfortable, then mares then cressi, which I ended up going with (calibro) because I felt it had best field of vision and it was cheapest.

859_ds365050_z.jpg
1155_cressi-calibro-mask-black_x7d5_z.jpg

Hello All:

Would like to replace my aging Aqualung Micro masks, which don't come cheap at near $120.00 a piece. Saw photos of the Mares X-Free Mask, which looks remarkably identical to the Aqualung Micro mask and comes in at half the price. Has anyone tried both of these? Are they the same mask, with a different logo from the same OEM manufacturer?

Thanks,
O.

Please take a look at the MAKO Minimus mask. Should be exactly what you are looking for:

https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

MMM-2T.jpg

Perfect fit Guarantee:

I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit:
I will refund the full price of the mask.
I will refund the shipping cost of the mask.
AND YOU KEEP THE MASK!

Please take a look at the MAKO Minimus mask. Should be exactly what you are looking for:

https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

View attachment 587299
Perfect fit Guarantee:

I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit:
I will refund the full price of the mask.
I will refund the shipping cost of the mask.
AND YOU KEEP THE MASK!

I have got to say that you make it hard not to do business with you! I probably have a half dozen masks that I have tried that didn't work for me laying around and have probably given away another half dozen. I will definitely buy my next mask from you.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom