April 1st Aurora Res Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
upload_2020-4-1_20-6-48.jpeg
We dove Aurora Res today (April 1) and I thought you might like a little report.

Air temp was 55°, partly cloudy and windy. No one has been down there for quite awhile. I expected the vis to be decent, but it was pretty typical. Maybe 6’. Tens of thousands of crawdads, a few bass and a big carp were hanging around the airplane, and were completely unworried about our presence. All in all, we practiced social distancing for setup. The pavilions are closed to prevent people from gathering, but there is space on the concrete to set up. Vis should temporarily improve in a few weeks.

Max depth 35’

Water temp 42° no thermocline

Vis 6’
upload_2020-4-1_20-6-48.jpeg

Good to see someone made it out. Its been pretty quiet around here lately.
Definitely quiet.
I haven’t hung on scubaboard for many a moon. But a local dive and browsing scuba related posts are a lot nicer than the ridiculous nature of the mainstream news or social media.

I am going to head out there Sunday, vis looks awesome in the photos! I went out last July and it was 1'.... miss SoCal and Catalina......

I am going to head out there Sunday, vis looks awesome in the photos! I went out last July and it was 1'.... miss SoCal and Catalina......
Better call the parks and rec Dept and confirm that they are open for diving. We tried to go last week, and Aurora Reservoir was no longer open for diving! I think they were planning to re-open June 1st. Maybe they bumped that date up a bit.
Vis is really good at Horsetooth right now though. We are going there tomorrow morning.

What's the water temp up there

Just finished a fun dive at Horsetooth. Vis was about 10’. Water was 53° down to thermocline at 40’. Then temp dropped to 46°. Need to call the Ranger Station business office and let them know that you are going to dive. Bring a dive flag and be prepared to fly it.
Let me know if you want details on where to dive!

Back
Top Bottom