Experience with the hybrid or vented titanium strap on a Garmin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Bomberg

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used any of the following watch straps?
  • Hybrid Titanium/Silicone Bracelet Carbon Gray DLC
  • Vented Titanium Bracelet with Carbon Gray DLC Coating
  • Gray Vented Titanium
If so what are your opinions? For running, everyday and diving?

I played with the titanium, it was ok? Not something I would spend money on. Certainly wouldn't wear it diving or running.

The hybrid titanium/silicone strap is also a 22mm strap, which would be loose on the 26mm Garmin Descent Mk1 (which I believe is your Garmin watch). The 22mm straps are for the smaller fēnix/quatix/MARQ models from what I can tell.

The other 2 are 26mm and nice looking, but a bit heavy for my tastes, especially for any kind of activity. I tried them on at MEC but decided against them in favour of the 26mm shockingly yellow silicone for diving and more acceptable blue for swimming.

alternate_straps.jpg

The hybrid titanium/silicone strap is also a 22mm strap, which would be loose on the 26mm Garmin Descent Mk1 (which I believe is your Garmin watch). The 22mm straps are for the smaller fēnix/quatix/MARQ models from what I can tell.

The other 2 are 26mm and nice looking, but a bit heavy for my tastes, especially for any kind of activity. I tried them on at MEC but decided against them in favour of the 26mm shockingly yellow silicone for diving and more acceptable blue for swimming.

View attachment 587199

Actually looking at it as a dressy compliment to a Fenix6 or MARQ American Magic, still waiting on the Descent2 but thinking of plan B, I am thinking the hybrid would enable the HRM to work better as it's snug when running but from an everyday perspective the vented titanium looks like a winner, of course this is all speculation as I am waiting on the Descent2 (giving Garmin until Sep, then buying a travel watch)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom