Update Cairns GBR diving resuming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquapro Dive Services

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Like everywhere else we have been doing it tough here in Cairns and just thought I would post a quick update to show a bit of optimism :) We really want to show support for the operators and their crews, and show them a light at the end of the tunnel.

Obviously travel restrictions still apply and the first wave of visitors will more likely be domestic. Whilst some operators have behaved quite badly to customers unable to make their trips (see other threads) there are those who have been fantastic and its them we want to help.

You can now tentatively book for after July assuming the state borders are open. July we still feel its a little soon, but later in the year is looking a lot more positive.

You can still book and a deposit will be taken to confirm and hold your places. However if you cannot make the trip due to travel or Covid related restrictions then the deposit will be fully refunded as long as you cancel outside of that 30 day window. If you cancel within the 30 day window there my be a partial charge if the operator is running as normal - best to PM or email me for clarification. You may not get a reply from the operator if you contact them directly, but we will, so if you dont have any luck then let me know and I will try to follow up for you.

Right now these trips are taking tentative bookings:

Spirit of Freedom (Ribbon Reef and a Coral Sea)
Ocean Quest (overnight trip to Outer Reef)
Reef Quest and Tusa (day trips)

As more start to try and rebuild we will update this thread or check our Facebook page. Check with us for prices too as there may be some freezes or specials on offer a start up etc

Just replied to you via messenger

Good luck with bookings! Someday I will get back there, once a vaccine. I am high risk in ways that don't affect me usually except for covid.

Thanks FishCity and hope to see you up here soon too :

For everyone else - Yongala trips now up and running from 12th June so drop me a line if needed!! :)

Look forward to it Mike ha ha!

Latest updates:
Coral Sea Dreaming running from September 1st (this leads the way for the rest of the over night boats which are still talking about August, possibly mid July).
Day boats starting to get together and run alternate days between them, starting this week (see our FB page for the news article)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom