Closed SB celebrity sale

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some good news. This is a copy and paste of an email I sent.

"A nice story for a change.

For a few years now occassinsaly I see this Japanese guy at my local convenience store we always say hello to each other and we try to chat despite the language barrier. I haven't seen him for ages but last Sunday I was sitting outside convenience store like I often do contemplating existence and he came by. We were chatting and I told him I had no job, turns out he's a builder with his own company he offered me daily contract work. I'm installing insulation in new houses, pay is low at around $7.50 an hour but it's better than nothing and gives me a purpose.

For now he's offered 5 day a week work but unfortunately I can't do everyday as schools are still shut and we are juggling child care. I can do 4 days a week I think. His kindness is amazing, despite our difficulties communicating he's gone out of his way to help a virtual stranger and a foreigner at that. He treats me with respect as do the other builders. The routine is good as it means I get up early, go to bed early and am now eating three times a day. I've only been doing it for three days but I like it, the repetitive nature of the work and relative quiet, ie not talking to people soothes my brain. It's given me bit of a life line, I'm so thankful to him."

Good things happen because good people make them happen. You are a good person :) You helped me, I helped you, he helped you, you help him. The world turns. Great job doing good, bud!! :D

I'd like to have better words, but these seem about right. Keep being good, keep being you, keep working hard.

I just saw this and realized what's going on ......I am willing to give a FREE course and accommodation to someone (agreed on what course ) if the money for said course goes to @buddasummer it could be reg course ITT dvp course almost anything , I know the border is closed right now but it wont be forever , I will wave all rental equipment costs ETC but the money has to ALL go to @buddasummer..... pm if interested (ill throw a second course in if its for your sig other )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom