Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, then you know how poor the dive planning was, and how Rob felt about it.

You know what folks want you to know. I know what's in some of the evidence. I know personally and am friendly with most of the folks who are still around. I have spoken with many of them, and seen the equipment. Folks who wouldn't grant you an interview.

I'm not here to wave dicks with you. Your story is pretty good. But it isn't the whole story.

And personally, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rob had every opportunity to survive that third dive, and chose a different route. Not so that he would die, but there was always that possibility. Rob flew too close to the sun.

Easy to say you know all the "inside" details. My book and documentary were built on evidence. I'll let them stand up against all of the rumors and innuendo that was created around this event--particularly in the dive community in the United States.

Easy to say you know all the "inside" details. My book and documentary were built on evidence. I'll let them stand up against all of the rumors and innuendo that was created around this event--particularly in the dive community in the United States.
O-o-o-ok. You win.

And I never said I know all of the inside details. But I happen to know that you do not. I am no longer an expert in the lawsuit. Not for anything I did, but because we're not being sued any more.

O-o-o-ok. You win.

And I never said I know all of the inside details. But I happen to know that you do not. I am no longer an expert in the lawsuit. Not for anything I did, but because we're not being sued any more.

I don't see this as some binary situation. I'm not looking to win or lose anything. I've just been down this path before and I'm not going down it again. My book speaks for the facts that I found and corroborated. I'll stand by my nearly three years of research.

I don't see this as some binary situation. I'm not looking to win or lose anything. I've just been down this path before and I'm not going down it again. My book speaks for the facts that I found and corroborated. I'll stand by my nearly three years of research.
I'm sure it is a fine book. I hope it does well. I understand what information is available, and able to be corroborated. I hope it hits Amazon and we don't have to wait months for it in the USA.

I'm sure it is a fine book. I hope it does well. I understand what information is available, and able to be corroborated. I hope it hits Amazon and we don't have to wait months for it in the USA.
That's very nice of you to say. I know you've got a lot of knowledge about this and I'm very interested to hear your thoughts when it does appear. Hope the diving is good down in Key West. I haven't been in the water for three months--all the areas for diving are closed. Looking forward to next week when they finally open up the parking lots and we can hit the lake.

Well, then you know how poor the dive planning was, and how Rob felt about it.
He may not know. Is he a rebreather diver? I don't know. I don't think he's a captain that's had to deal with this kind of thing professionally. Anyone can write a book about any subject and claim to be the one to know all. Of all the peeps I know who actually know Sotis, you are uniquely qualified to render an opinion. As a captain, an expedition leader and a diver, albeit not a rebreatherer, I value your insights of what he has done right and wrong. There is no way that Stewart had the requisite hours to take the next step and still be following standards. Competency comes from training, skills and experience with common sense and situational awareness mixed in. There just wasn't enough experience for any of the dives that day to not be a trust me dives. I've yet to meet a rebreatherer who's eyes didn't flash wide open and shake their heads in disbelief when the subject of his last dives come up. I'm certified on three rebreathers and I wouldn't do those dives in the manner he did.

Everybody's in a rush for glory!
Nobody stops to scrutinize the plans.
Nobody stops to scrutinize the plans. ...Paul Simon

And I never said I know all of the inside details.
The understatement of the year. Wooks is an insider's insider. The industry tells him all sorts of unknown facts because they know him, trust him and eagerly desire his input. They also trust his discretion, so you won't get much out of him. When he does say something: listen and try to keep up. He's the real deal.

Im ready to order, but Amazon says the release date is October 6? With the pandemic and all, Im not even buying green bananas.

Me too. But just in case we are all still alive, it gets released on October 6th.

For someone late to the game can someone give a brief factual description of what happened. All Google showed was that he drowned after surfacing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom