So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ride my hardtail 29er with slicks much more than any of my road bikes anymore. Have done several centuries and several MS-150s on the rig. I call it the grand marquee of bikes. A tad heavy but floats over the road noise like a dream.

I sometimes regret I didn't go for 27.5 instead -- though IIRC they were hard to come by back then -- when I bought my current ride. Now after 5x the purchase price in upgrades, it's hard to justify another one... But I wonder who rides niners: I practically never take mine off-road, the wheels are just too big to go over stuff easy.

Well, tomorrow is the 29th day of doing the 30 day 50day push-up challenge....did 30-5-5-5 today, and I feel 50 is definitely in my sights:)...

How many is 30-5-5-5? I'm back up to 50 lengths in my swimming pool, but my push-up abilities have been reduced in direct proportions to the increase in my waist circumference. The other extremely negative factor is that with the increase in weight comes an increase in buoyancy which requires another increase in weight(s). Such irony.

I sometimes regret I didn't go for 27.5 instead -- though IIRC they were hard to come by back then -- when I bought my current ride. Now after 5x the purchase price in upgrades, it's hard to justify another one... But I wonder who rides niners: I practically never take mine off-road, the wheels are just too big to go over stuff easy.

The bigger wheel is designed to go over stuff easier. Less twitchy, and slower acceleration I could agree with (although doubt very seriously if the average rider could tell a difference) but a smoother roll is why the 29er was built. I absolutely love mine off road but I'm not racing anyone but myself so acceleration isn't a big factor for me. Heck the only podium I ever achieved while riding a bike was a 12 hour single speed MTB race. I was third by a long ways, to be clear. But all three of us were on 29ers. Maybe our terrain is different than yours. It wont be a match for everything.

The bigger wheel is designed to go over stuff easier.

Not on XC trails I find: yes it will go "easier" but you have to push it twice as hard. For me, at least, XC on 26ers is much easier, they're way more agile to weave through the bushes and jump over tree stumps etc. Which is what we have here, mostly.

I can see gravity-riding a niner if you live in Jackson Hole where the lift will take you up -- but then you could buy your own chauffeured 4WD to drive you up any hill you want and save a few million bucks, too.

I found Russian TP and paper towels at a small family run grocery store near me yesterday. Shop sells a lot of international items. Large Slavic/Eastern European population in the area. A Russian friend confirmed the items are most definitely Russian (from the packaging). Didn’t buy it. I have enough. Friend is going to pick some up and report back on the quality.
Damn. Please don't tell me that you guys still have that TP issue. We had it for about half a week after the official shutdown.

3spwuw.jpg

How many is 30-5-5-5? I'm back up to 50 lengths in my swimming pool, but my push-up abilities have been reduced in direct proportions to the increase in my waist circumference. The other extremely negative factor is that with the increase in weight comes an increase in buoyancy which requires another increase in weight(s). Such irony.
I did 51 today! The 30-5-5-5 (45) is just that...each day was different. Do 30, rest 1 minute...do 5, rest and so on for four sets.

oh, and for Mother’s Day, I bought my wife a Trek Marlin 6 with 29” tires...now we can ride trails together:wink:

Oddest thing:

I found Russian TP and paper towels at a small family run grocery store near me yesterday. Shop sells a lot of international items. Large Slavic/Eastern European population in the area. A Russian friend confirmed the items are most definitely Russian (from the packaging). Didn’t buy it. I have enough. Friend is going to pick some up and report back on the quality.

It was quite a WTF moment. Didn’t expect to find that at a suburban Chicago grocery store! :D

Friends who live in TX said they’ve seen Mexican TP at HEB.

View attachment 586261 View attachment 586262

Is that 12 ply on the t-paper? If it is I'm guessing it's for elephants.

Damn. Please don't tell me that you guys still have that TP issue. We had it for about half a week after the official shutdown.

View attachment 586321

Haha. Yes. Many times selection is very sparse. Shelves were damn near empty at the store where I saw the Russian TP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom