Where the F*** can we get in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Hopefully it will open up under phase 2

Took a quick dive in our local lake. The good - sunny and warm, still fit in my wetsuit, all my gear worked, nice to be neutrally buoyant and being under. The bad - very cold 52 degrees at 20', vis terrible at 2-3', no fish unless counting one dead trout. Short dive but it should only be getting warmer and the vis could only get better.

Water 48
Vis 5-15 depending on where you were. The closer to the bottom the better.
Saw 3 spear fishermen in the parking lot with a load of tog.

Water 48
Vis 5-15 depending on where you were. The closer to the bottom the better.
Saw 3 spear fishermen in the parking lot with a load of tog.

@Scuba-74 and I had looked at this site in January, the wind didn't cooperate so we ended up at Wetherill. Any helpful hints or advice, neither of us has been but it looks interesting.

Thanks, Ed

@Scuba-74 and I had looked at this site in January, the wind didn't cooperate so we ended up at Wetherill. Any helpful hints or advice, neither of us has been but it looks interesting.

Thanks, Ed

Don't dive there during a west, wsw or sw wind, try to dive slack high, as close to point as you can get on the west side. Diving at the point is also good, a long walk, same rules apply. The east side is a no go unless you are in very good shape and study the shore line enough to find THE ONE spot you can enter and exit at. The East side has been the death of more than a few anglers down thru the years. Hope that helps.

I'm heading to the cape in the morning, I've never dove the cape before so hopefully a good dive.

I'm heading to the cape in the morning, I've never dove the cape before so hopefully a good dive.
Where? Cape Ann? Cape Cod?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom