Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rosborne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm very happy to announce that my book The Third Dive: An Investigation into the Death of Rob Stewart will be published in early October of this year. It will be available on line as well as in select book stores. I will keep those interested posted about availability.

The Third Dive - Rocky Mountain Books

Attachments

• The_Third_Dive_HC_round3.jpg
    The_Third_Dive_HC_round3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 131

Have the civil cases in US Court reached a resolution yet?
It has not. The case kicked from State Court over to Federal Court and then back to State Court again. It's bogged down in motions and counter motions by all of the parties. The most recent developments revolve around several of the parties filing to dismiss the Third Amended Complaint because they say it actually doesn't say how they contributed to any negligence. I think it will drag on for much longer before its resolved, if its ever resolved.

I hope that the Stewart family has found peace, but possibly not, as parents are not supposed to bury children. Only the other way around.

I hope that the Stewart family has found peace, but possibly not, as parents are not supposed to bury children. Only the other way around.
Quite frankly I hope so as well but I don't believe that's the case. The vigor with which they've pursued this case indicates they are still looking for somebody to blame. That hardly demonstrates peace or acceptance. But perhaps I might be the same if it was my child who had died.

Quite frankly I hope so as well but I don't believe that's the case. The vigor with which they've pursued this case indicates they are still looking for somebody to blame. That hardly demonstrates peace or acceptance. But perhaps I might be the same if it was my child who had died.
exceeded any limit for any type of diving that he should have learned in Open Water class and did a trust-me dive with a man who was demonstrably untrustworthy. In other words, killed himself through misadventure.

FIFY

exceeded any limit for any type of diving that he should have learned in Open Water class and did a trust-me dive with a man who was demonstrably untrustworthy. In other words, killed himself through misadventure.

FIFY
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Chutzpah plus naiveté, bad combination.

Just curious, how are CCR students, who are new to CCR, establish that their factory certified instructor is "demonstrably untrustworthy"?
Does your instructor have a history of robbing banks (literally, not figuratively)?
Does your instructor have a history of flouting regulations regarding some scuba equipment (tanks).
Does your instructor have a history of selling equipment illegally after being warned?

If the answer to all three is yes, you might want to rethink your choice of instructor. Unless you're specifically after a rule-breaker. I put it that way because some folks very may well be in search of a rule breaker.

Does your instructor have a history of robbing banks (literally, not figuratively)?
Does your instructor have a history of flouting regulations regarding some scuba equipment (tanks).
Does your instructor have a history of selling equipment illegally after being warned?

If the answer to all three is yes, you might want to rethink your choice of instructor. Unless you're specifically after a rule-breaker. I put it that way because some folks very may well be in search of a rule breaker.

And do you think that every CCR student should ask any and all of these questions when signing up for a CCR course??
I know I never checked up on my CCR instructor for any possible financial or criminal activities, just wondering did you? And I don't mean to be smart with that question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom