Now That I'm In, How Do I Get Out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is site support. People ask questions and they want a straight answer. Off topic, cutesy and/or inflammatory posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic and answer the question or don't post.

Answer to the OP: Once you post we won't delete your account as it messes with the discussion(s) you are participating in.

@The Chairman perhaps consider replacing those posts with a “deleted account”? Not sure what the ramifications would be for a particularly controversial poster.

@The Chairman perhaps consider replacing those posts with a “deleted account”? Not sure what the ramifications would be for a particularly controversial poster.
You can't un-ring a bell, though many would like to. Every poster is given 24 hours to edit their post to make it read exactly like they want it to. After that: their words belong to posterity. Deleting such accounts causes holes in our DB that are not dealt with gracefully by the software we run. So, choose your words wisely. Be courteous, respectful and friendly, and you'll have a great time here.

Hello. Curious, why you're leaving?

In one of my recent posts I expressed my opinion that in American airports, rather than screen every man, woman and child as a potential terrorist, they ought to engage in profiling - that is, screening of passengers that are high risk for potential acts of terror, as guided by data. That post was deleted as "bigoted". Being an American, I believe in free speech; that is important to me, as much as I have enjoyed this forum in past.

You can't un-ring a bell, though many would like to. Every poster is given 24 hours to edit their post to make it read exactly like they want it to. After that: their words belong to posterity. Deleting such accounts causes holes in our DB that are not dealt with gracefully by the software we run. So, choose your words wisely. Be courteous, respectful and friendly, and you'll have a great time here.

Thanks for the feedback on the technical obstacles. I accept that.

As for the remainder, your speech code is un-American. I'm out of here.

Let's make a bet on who can forget who the fastest - you forgetting me, or me writing off you.
I don't believe he was trying to be unfriendly. Once you leave, the entire site starts to forget you even exist. It's just a fact.

ScubaBoard is predicated on mutual respect and being friendly to each other. Bigotry certainly has no place in that kind of atmosphere, and that's in the ToS you agreed to when you created your account. I can't tell you how many people get upset at having their post removed... like they should be exempt from the rules. Some of them just go away, raising no fuss. Others just have to ratchet up the drama at their departure and surprise: they often remain anyway. If you stay, and you're more than welcome to do that, please stay within the ToS. Should you go, then please do that quietly. We want to talk Scuba here and not have to deal with needless drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom